2023 Reinsurance Associate Development Program
Everest Global Services, Inc.
Everest Reinsurance, a member of Everest Re Group, Ltd., is seeking talented Associates to join our Reinsurance Associate Leadership Development Program. This 24-month rotational program will provide training and professional development for individuals seeking a career in reinsurance.
Our Strength - Our People
At Everest, we believe that our future is determined by the actions we take today. Actions that go beyond business strategy and encompass the values important to our employees and the communities in which we operate. Everest's value commitments include providing an inclusive work environment that offers employees the opportunity to further their development, supporting our communities through the donation of time and financial resources, maintaining our integrity across all aspects of the group, and being an industry innovator to solve global complex risks.
Your Impact & Opportunity
As an Everest Reinsurance Associate, you will need to think both creatively and analytically, problem solve, assess, evaluate, and make decisions. You will receive excellent on-the-job training from our highly respected and experienced professionals. In the first year, you will learn primary and reinsurance underwriting. Year two will consist of rotational assignments, domestically or globally within the reinsurance division.
In addition, you will start your career off with a cohort of your peers!
The Program includes, but is not limited to:
Onsite instructor-led workshops, monthly spotlight speaker and leadership networking events, self-paced course work, and more.
What You Bring: Experience & Qualifications
- Analyzing risks and preparing underwriting workups for new and renewal submissions, preparing quotes, binders, policies, and other documents to help streamline the underwiring process
- With the support of supervisors, communicating with local brokers about the risks, opportunities, and Everest's capabilities
- Provide renewal and new business writeups for primary underwriters to review
- Attend underwriting meetings on behalf of partnering teams
- Participate in marketing efforts with the team, establish relationships with early career brokers
- Ad Hoc project work in a variety of vertical initiatives
- You are a graduating senior pursuing a bachelor's degree at an accredited college/university
- You are a highly ambitious team player with excellent communication, analytical, critical thinking, collaboration, and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office software, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Leadership or involvement in extracurricular activities, campus clubs/organizations, your community, etc.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
Multiple Locations Available: Hybrid schedule - Chicago, Miami, and Warren, NJNote, Everest does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite permanent US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration
Chicago, IL - South Riverside, Miami, FL
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Talent Acquisition at 1-908-604-3000.