Braun Intertec is seeking students pursuing degrees in civil engineering, construction management, or related field; and other interested candidates to join either our Bloomington or White Bear Lake, Minnesota offices for a 6-month Co-op opportunity.
Chosen co-ops will receive in-depth technical training and industry certifications upon successful completion of examinations and demonstration of ability. As a intern, you will get the chance to perform a variety of testing on construction materials such as soils, concrete, masonry, and asphalt. Onsite materials testing is conducted on various commercial and transportation construction projects, where you will also work with project managers and other technicians to ensure specifications are followed.
Candidates should be comfortable working outdoors in varying weather conditions and be able to lift 75+ pounds. Co-ops will frequently be required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. At times, this position may be working at or on uneven terrain, varying heights, in confined spaces, or supported trenches.
Join our Team:
- Perform routine to complex sampling and testing including, but is not limited to, anchor testing, concrete coring, hand auguring, floor flatness testing, double ring infiltration testing, Pavement FWD, GPR.
- Troubleshoot and adjust testing to meet site conditions and project needs.
- Provide clear documentation of field activities entered daily in electronic format.
- Work independently or as part of a small project team.
All candidates must have:
- Gain valuable field experience and onsite communication with construction crews
- Take part in 3-day training event which includes: construction safety, soil compaction and classification, American Concrete Institute (ACI) certification, radiation safety, materials lab and nuclear density gauge training
- Get paired up with one of our professional engineers as a mentor throughout the experience
- Learn procedures and gaining exposure to ASTM, AASHTO, ACI, ICC, and DOT standards
- Paid Opportunity
The ideal candidate will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record for the last 3 years
- Full-time commitment for 6-months from mid-May to December
- The ability to lift 75+ pounds
- A "working safe" attitude and mindset
- The ability to work overtime and weekends as necessary
- College student working toward civil engineering or construction management degree or related field
- Experience driving a pickup truck or other large vehicle(s)
- Some work-related experience (landscaping, construction, farming, etc.)
- Mechanical aptitude with practical problem-solving skills
- Some related work experience preferred, but will train top applicants
At Braun Intertec, we are a Drug-Free Workplace and require all new hires to complete a pre-employment drug screen test, criminal background check, and motor vehicle history report.
Braun Intertec is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer; AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability friendly employer.As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.Braun Intertec strives to ensure that its careers web site is accessible to all. If you need assistance completing your online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Braun Intertec is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please e-mail us at email@example.com. In your e-mail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.