Under general supervision, performs loan level audits in accordance with the Quality Control Program to ensure PennyMac is complying with investor requirements and federal and state regulations. The Compliance Auditor will be responsible for the following activities:
- Conduct assigned audits as required by corporate quality control programs for each applicable line of business
- Identify and report on compliance and operational defects or violations of the specific audited program to lines of business, senior management, and applicable corporate committees.
Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- Performs transactional testing of loans selected for QC to evaluate, analyze, and assess risk, marketability and to detect errors and omissions, as well as fraud and violation of line of business policies and procedures. The audit includes, but is not limited to, review of data and documentation for accuracy and consistency, regulatory compliance assessment and investor program requirements, as applicable.
- Ensure audits are performed in a timely manner in accordance with established procedures and investor guidelines.
- Maintain and update various logs and QC databases to meet departmental and auditing requirements.
- Performs second reviews of work performed by others
- Fills in for manager, assigns works and helps resolve problems and difficult situations
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization's desired culture and values
Years of Experience:
- Broad knowledge of federal, state, GSE (FNMA, FHLMC, HUD) and Treasury requirements for originating and servicing loans
- Must be highly proficient in Excel and Word
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
- Financial Services and, if possible, mortgage industry experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management