Responsible for providing family medicine services, including assessing and managing patients in the outpatient setting following established standards and practices.
Job Specific Responsibilities
• Performs a complete physical exam, obtains complete medical history and records findings. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interprets and integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
• Performs minor surgical procedures as is appropriate per skill level.
• Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
• Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits -including same day visits.
• Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines.
• Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources as needed to meet patient and family needs.
• Actively supports patient safety program; adheres to applicable patient safety standards including NQF Safe Practices.
• Prepares written documentation as required in the patients medical record following standard clinical practice, including CPT Coding guidelines and the assigned practice's policy.
• Maintains and reviews patient electronic medical record and other pertinent information.
• Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation as necessary.
• Follows North Shore Physicians Group policies and procedures faithfully; attends meetings and continuing educations opportunities as directed. Seeks to expand skills and professional knowledge.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
• Treats all patients courteously and with dignity and respect at all times.
• Maintains patient confidentiality
• Required: 1 year experience as a nurse practitioner preferably in a family medicine, primary care or pediatric setting.
• Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a Master's degree
Licensure, Certifications, or Registration
• Required: Current Massachusetts state license as a registered nurse practitioner
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Posted 30 minutes ago
Posted 30 minutes ago
Posted 14 minutes ago