This direct labor role supports continuous improvement and lead functions for a specified factory team, usually 6-10 operators. He/she ensures operators receive daily operations information and instructions necessary to achieve factory objectives. This individual will assists in the introduction and training of new products as specified by Standard work in which they will help establish. The Team Lead will be a factory change agent driving the implementation of identified business area continuous improvement ideas through the application of basic lean and quality tools. The team lead will be required to back fill other leads or team member work activity based on absenteeism on a day to day basis.
Role & Responsibility
- Meet required production schedules while promoting safety, quality, teamwork, lean manufacturing, and sound environmental practices.
- Ensure consistent application of Standard Work at each work station through audits, coaching and training.
- Attend daily production (Shift Hand-Off) meetings as required.
- Complete all necessary area communications for subsequent production shifts.
- Maintain & update cell and team boards.
- Check part availability and report outages to the appropriate process owner.
- Direct and assign workforce according to skill, ability and the format of work area.
- Identify and work to resolve area bottlenecks to ensure balanced workload.
- Determine overtime as needed.
- Communicate & track customer emergencies (Hot Parts).
- Work to perform root cause analysis and eliminate safety and quality concerns.
- Oversee work area maintenance and cleaning to assure compliance with Lean Production Management System guidelines.
- Perform weekly 5S, quality, Safety and process audits.
- Communicate Safety Alerts.
- Schedule and ensure maintenance of area 5S schedule.
- Attend and report out at daily Morning Market Meetings.
- Update and maintain area cross training matrix.
- Provide assistance, training and retraining to new, current, or reassigned employees.
- Serve as point contact for area new hires; assign a work shadow as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Must be able to follow established methods and procedures and perform work accordingly
- Must have the ability to work rapidly and under time pressure for extended periods of time in order to meet build requirements
- Must possess the ability to read build sheets and blueprints
- The ability to communicate with supervisors and fellow workers in both written and verbal forms at a level normally acquired through the completion of high school or equivalent is required
- Job specific skills, techniques and safe work and equipment operating practices are learned through on-the-job and classroom training
- General instructions are given on recurring duties, operations or assignments; detailed instructions are given on new duties, operations or assignments
- Willingness to obtain Yellow Belt certification
Any - High School Diploma/Equivalent
0>2 years experience
Excellent problem-solving skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent team building skills
Light computer skills required
< 10% travelOthers
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.