If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Pathology Department has an exciting opportunity five Temporary Clinical Laboratory Assistants for the following shifts.
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM-1 position
11:00 AM to 7:30PM---2 positions
2:00 PM to 11:30 PM---2 positions
The Clinical Laboratory Assistant performs a variety of routine duties:
Identifies, handles, and accessions patient samples requiring laboratory testing. Transports specimens and communicates test results timely and accurately. Maintains required laboratory files and logs system in a neat and accurate manner. Performs specimen processing, such as centrifugation, aliquoting, and volume measurement. Maintains adequate inventory level as per protocol. Participates in the performance improvement processes for the department. Maintains assigned work area in a clean and orderly condition. Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal and state guidelines and regulations. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
The minimum qualifications are: High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous medical/lab or production experience is preferred
- Comfortability with handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Ability to sit and or stand for extended periods of time
- Basic computer knowledge and data entry skills
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multitaskAbility to work in a fast-paced production environment and meet established turn-around times
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends and overtime as necessary.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here
for additional information.Job Status:
Part timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.