CURRENT ASSOCIATES OR TEMPORARY ASSOCIATES: Please apply via your internal Workday career account.
We are looking for a 2nd shift Lead Maintenance Technician to join our Heavy Industrial manufacturing team.
In this role, you'll provide day to day leadership of their team in a hands on environment and helping providing technical support for troubleshooting and repairing mechanical, electronic, automated and robotic systems and equipment along with advanced corrective and predictive maintenance to produce high quality products while meeting customer demand.
If this role sounds like an exciting new opportunity, we encourage you to read on!
Some essential functions of this role include but are not limited to:
- Provides day-to-day operational leadership for the team, including associate selection, training, coaching, development, conflict resolution, planning, performance management and recognition. Fosters a positive climate and safe working environment that promotes associate well-being and team effectiveness across Hypertherm for improved business results.
- Continuously improves and standardizes processes to enhance process capability, productivity and robustness. Leads improvement projects for cross team collaboration to standardize processes and increase productivity. Manages metrics, accountability and continuously improvement projects
- Independently provides advanced troubleshooting support across the organization going down to the component level (e.g. switch, circuit board, drive, program). Provides root cause analysis and applies statistically capable, cost effective corrective action utilizing lean best practices sharing this information with the rest of the organization to help prevent reoccurring failures. Evaluates equipment performance driven by data collection and cost analysis to recommend repairing or replacing. Collects and analyzes test data to determine trends and failure modes.
- Conducts or contributes to the communication activities (e.g. meetings, reports, emails, one on ones, master planning schedules) surrounding Maintenance to ensure that key stake holders (e.g. support staff, peers, maintenance/methods, production leadership) are informed of day-to-day operations, metrics, internal customer needs, or obstacles/challenges that maintenance is face with so that downtime is minimized and production runs effectively and efficiently on off-shifts.
Continuous Improvement- Identify and provide solutions to equipment reliability issues. Leads continuous improvement programs (e.g. 5s, CIA, Safety) to build a more efficient team through collecting data and providing solutions. Develops and executes process improvement project plans which support continuous improvement in area of responsibility (e.g. value Stream Mapping, pFMEA, capacity, and lean activities)
- Expands capabilities of the team to include technical support, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair requirements for new process equipment, including but not limited to, automated assembly, robotic cells, machine tending, auto loading, packaging and similar equipment and processes. Provide analysis of maintenance and support requirements for proposed new processes and equipment.
- 2-4 years accredited college, apprenticeship or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of CNC maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Lean Manufacturing tools (e.g. Value Stream Mapping, Kan Ban, SMED, 5S)
- Proven experience with various machining processes and materials
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Communication and language skills to communicate concepts and ideas clearly and concisely. Strong interpersonal skills, willing to seek out answers when required.
- Strong knowledge of and the ability to use measuring equipment, both mechanical and electronic.
- Proficient with Microsoft product use (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Familiar in all types of metrology equipment; micrometers, CMM, Visions System, Comparator, Pins.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Basic presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
Hypertherm is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all applications. All employment decisions are based on business need, job requirements and our values as an associate-owned company without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This job has expired.