Job ID: 229079
SIGCO is the preeminent architectural glass and metal fabricator and distributor in New England. Since our inception in 1986, SIGCO has grown and changed over the decades, expanding into new product areas and territories, while maintaining a cutting edge manufacturing facility. But our commitment to service and craftsmanship remain unchanged.
This position is responsible for cutting glass to size and shape using various tools and equipment. Flat glass is delivered in very large sheets. These sheets are then cut down to custom sizes. These custom sizes are removed from a cutting table and placed onto rolling carts.
*This is a 1st shift position, which is scheduled Monday-Friday, 4:00am-3:30pm. *
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This is a general laborer position performed in a manufacturing environment. The employee is expected to perform any function requested by management. The worker is responsible for maintaining his work area, inventory control, quality control in relation to the product being assembled and meeting production goals set by management. Ability to safely & consistently lift up to 75 pounds alone, or 150lbs in a team lift. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check. Must have reliable transportation. Previous shop floor or factory/warehouse experience highly desirable but will train the right individual.
Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
To be considered for a general production laborer position, the following conditions must be met:
• Perform work as assigned by supervisor
• Read, understand, and communicate clearly in English
• Ability to read and understand work orders, shipping documents, labels and general production documents
• Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
• Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively use a tape measure
• Notify lead person or supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
• Maintain a safe and clean work area
• All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
• Dolly, lift assist device, pallet jack, glass cups, tape measure, pliers, glass cutter, and other various tools
What CRH Offers You