Your goals. Your ambitions. Your definition of success. At MMA, we believe nothing should stand in your way of making these a reality. Here, your future is limitless. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development opportunities, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
As a part of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in risk, strategy, and people, MMA colleagues are part of a network of resources and expertise that sets our organization apart from the competition.
We are currently seeking an Account Manager on our Property & Casualty team in the Chicagoland area.
The Account Manager is at the center of ensuring the successful delivery of exceptional service to our clients. Working with the Producer and/or Account Executive, he or she plans, executes, and tracks a customized service plan for each client. The Account Manager builds effective, personalized working relationships with clients and prospective clients, learning their risk and insurance program needs. He or she engages the full service team and resources as appropriate to create measurable value and efficiencies in our clients' businesses. The Account Manager also has an understanding of the marketplace and industry, and uses that expertise in placing coverage and negotiating terms and conditions on behalf of clients. Managing the proposal and renewal processes, the Account Manager supports clients in reviewing coverage and program options and understanding associated details. The Account Manager oversees the accuracy of client information in our agency management system, facilitating a collaborative service experience and empowering our client portal.
EXECUTION OF CLIENT SERVICE
MARKET STRATEGY AND NEGOTIATION
- Works with Producer and/or Account Executives, service team, and other internal departments to plan, execute, and track customized service strategy for each client, designed to create measurable value and efficiencies in their businesses
- Manages creation of proposals, providing summary of programs and options, service plan, and other specific deliverables designed to support clients in making decisions about insurance programs
- Builds personalized client relationships through demonstrated ownership of the service plan and multiple channels of communication such as phone, email, and in-person meetings
- Analyzes risk, coverage, program structure and recommends options; executes coverage and program changes
- Oversees the accuracy and display of information in client portals; consults with and enacts client decisions on access to portal by their staff
- Leverages insurance knowledge and communication skills to explain coverage terms, program options, and other items to clients as needed
- Works with internal departments to ensure cohesiveness and timeliness of service execution, and creates report of service plan execution through commitment report
- Takes an enterprise-wide approach to client service by collaborating with other service teams to create a cohesive client service experience
- Manages time effectively to prioritize workload, client service requests, and service parameters on business processes
DATA AND PROCESS INTEGRITY
- Works with service team to effectively manage and oversee new business and renewal processes by following workflow procedures and best practices
- Creates submission for underwriters, by engaging with clients and prospective clients on their exposures, coverages and program needs, assembling into submission package following best practices
- Communicates with underwriters on submissions and negotiates premium, coverage, and other terms on behalf of clients
- Evaluates coverage, terms, and conditions of quotes received from underwriters; compares quote options from multiple carriers and presents coverage comparisons as requested
- Remains current on forms, coverage, insurance carriers, industry trends, and legislation
- Maintains positive working relationships with insurance carriers, attends meetings and events as appropriate, and proactively learns about their products and underwriting approaches
- Consistently follows client service workflows and appropriately engages internal resources such as process support team, procedure manuals and reporting tools to ensure efficiency and accuracy of execution
- Accurately maintains complete client files including the clear documentation of account detail in agency management systems including policy information, activities, attachments, and correspondence
- Achieves desired levels of data completeness and process integrity by consistently meeting activity timelines, quality metrics, and goals
- Participates in ongoing scheduled meetings with service team to discuss accounts, renewals, service needs, service platform, etc.
- Trains, guides, and mentors Client Service Representatives and other peers
- Communicates effectively with Client Service Representatives and provides timely and complete information to allow them to establish positive client relationships and efficiently manage their processes and workload
- Develops successful and effective working relationships with Producers, Account Executives, Client Service Representatives, service team members, managers, carriers, and members of other departments
- Upon hire, Producers License for Fire/Casualty
- 2+ years Account Manager experience within an insurance brokerage, or comparable experience
- BS/ BA in Business, Insurance or related field
- CPCU, ARM, CEBS, or other professional insurance designation related to discipline
- Experience working with agency management systems
- Proficient skill level in Microsoft Office Suite
MMA encourages all its colleagues to pursuedreams without limits
. We promote curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams.
We further believe a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep colleagues engaged and productive including: a flexible, hybrid work environment, health and welfare, 401K, employee assistance program, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
At MMA,your future is limitless
. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
This job has expired.