Position: Accounting Manager - Gibson Electric Corp.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Gibson Electric provides a wide range of commercial electrical construction, maintenance, repair and retrofit, voice/data, and network and structured cabling service within the Chicago metropolitan area of Illinois.
Our breadth of electrical and telecommunications services can meet the needs of customers no matter what market segment they are involved in-with special attention paid to completing projects on time and on budget.
From mission critical and sustainability projects to riser management, prefabrication, and more Gibson Electric's proven expertise, ISO 9001:2015 certification, comprehensive CAD department, pre-construction division, RCDD-qualified network designers, and Building Industry Consulting Service International- (BICSI) certified installers help ensure clients get first-rate service.
Notably, we are the only Chicagoland electrical contractor to be ISO 9001:2015 certified.
The Accounting Manager position provides accounting support for Gibson Electric, a subsidiary of publicly traded EMCOR Group Inc. This position is responsible for supporting the day-to-day accounting activities. Knowledge of construction accounting at the specialized construction or subcontractor level would be preferable. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and interacts regularly with the leadership team of the Company. As a subsidiary of a publicly held, Fortune 500 company, exposure to public reporting and internal controls management is integral to the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise and coordinate the accounting and payroll departments for Gibson Electric including administrative and technical supervision to staff personnel. Will manage 4-5 direct reports.
- Maintain, be accountable for, and follow internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Keep in compliance with established Gibson and EMCOR policies and procedures that effect financial operations.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Ensure that company goals and objectives are met by maintaining the integrity of the accounting and data processing systems and by ensuring that appropriate procedures and controls are in place to maintain compliance with GAAP, SEC, and company and corporate reporting requirements.
- Prepare all monthly journal entries and distribute monthly financial package for Gibson and EMCOR, including balance sheet, income statement, work in progress and all other reports required by EMCOR.
- Balance and reconcile general ledger accounts monthly, including cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable, work in progress accounts, payroll taxes, etc. Perform monthly bank reconciliations for depository, disbursement, and payroll accounts.
- Assist with general accounting, including being responsible for preparing the required Federal and State quarterly payroll taxes.
- Assist with financial reporting including preparation, dissemination, and review of project work in progress reports.
- Collaborate with project teams with respect to project accounting and material issues: billings, collections, change orders, back charges, close-outs, labor and material costs, and profit/loss analysis.
- Insurance reporting and maintenance
- Review, prepare, and maintain OCIP/Insurance Reports, Construction Employment Reports, Certified Payroll Reports and M/WBE Reports as required.
- Review internal paperwork relating to new projects, change orders, and cost estimates.
- Ongoing training of Vista/Viewpoint ERP system to all Gibson employees.
- Support CFO in the finance and accounting activities of the Company, including timely issuance of monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP, maintenance of regular cost reports, periodic budgets and forecasts, accurate processing of accounting transactions, and such other duties and responsibilities as come within the purview of this position.
- Escalate critical and/or sensitive issues to Senior Leadership with recommendation for resolution
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. POSITION REQUIREMENTS/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Construction accounting preferred, or work experience demonstrating accounting and analytical capabilities.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and city regulations and guidelines.
- Previous work at a publicly held company preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel) including
Excel formulas and formatting.
- Proficient with payroll and accounting software. Vista/Viewpoint experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Windows based operating systems and web-based applications.
- Ability to create, file and manage electronic documents.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects and people.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Must be a hands-on manager.
- Must make sound decisions and produce accurate and timely results.
- Must demonstrate integrity and professionalism.
- Must demonstrate commitment to EMCOR values.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customer, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to commute to field locations and have the ability to navigate around job sites. This position may also require visits to customers or attendance at company events.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee may expect to work in typical office environment conditions except when visiting field locations. Field environments may vary based on project, manufacturing, or weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.Disclaimer
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.