This position is needed for a temporary 3-5 month assignment to support the payroll department.
This Colleague Payroll Specialist assignment will work on a team of payroll specialists to process payroll and maintain records in accordance with approved colleague payroll policies, procedures, and best practices. Stays abreast of federal, state, and local payroll laws, rules, and regulations. Works under general supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares multiple payrolls and completes final balancing of each assigned pay group.
- Processes stop payment and off cycle paycheck corrections as needed and ensures bank processing via positive pay notification.
- Calculate and process manual check corrections for items such as overpayments and tax adjustments
- Accurate data entry for newly hired and ongoing maintenance of colleagues in the HRIS system including set up for timekeeping.
- Processes garnishments and levies in accordance with federal and state requirements.
- Completes escalated verification of employment (VOE) requests and troubleshoots escalation reasons as all VOE should be feasible through external vendor.
- Provides excellent customer service to all customers, including field and corporate colleagues, field managers, HR peers, and Colleague Payroll peers.
- Responds to inquiries, counsels and resolves colleague payroll and time issues.
- Ensures colleague files are complete and properly filed and maintained.
- Performs quality assurance and other audits to ensure data integrity.
- Performs system testing to ensure the accuracy of automated actions and calculations.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Associate degree in Business, Human Resources or related field, with a minimum of two (2) years high volume, multi-state, US payroll experience required. Bachelor's degree, Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) designation, and experience in Canada payroll is preferred. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft 9.2 or similar payroll/timekeeping system.
- Proven experience as a payroll specialist in a high volume, fast paces, multi-state environment
- Knowledge of federal, state and social tax schemes
- Skilled in communicating and deescalating where necessary, both verbally and in writing with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking, troubleshooting, analytical and technical ability.
- Ability to function in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment while continually demonstrating high-level customer service.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously while meeting assigned deadlines.
- Knowledge of related federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, including Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Outlook with advanced knowledge of Excel; pivot tables and vlookup
Adecco Group North America, through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands including Accounting Principals, Adecco General Staffing, Adia, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world's leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
This job has expired.