Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed.
We are seeking a highly motivated Advanced Lithium Ion cell technology Project Manager to lead multiple Advanced Technology Projects (ATW) in the Battery Cell engineering team. The Project Manager role is responsible for maintaining the Process of Engineering (POE) in stages, preparing the budget and timing charts for all projects. Technical background in advanced battery technology is a must to excel in this role.
Additional Job DescriptionRequirements:
- Maintain POE tasks up to date, including reviewing it for GPDP / GVDP timing, task descriptions, deliverables, list of training and collaterals.
- Work on the standard roles and processes.
- Integrate swim lanes between different POEs.
- Work with stages application owner and POE strategy group.
- Assist program team with mentoring.
- Tailor template tasks based on program needs.
- Update program roster.
- Give Stages / POE introduction to new hires.
- Generate status update and upcoming tasks reports.
- Attend POE strategy group meetings for program updates and other related discussions.
- Determine and define project scope and objectives.
- Predict project resources needed to reach objectives and lead resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements.
- Track project costs to meet budget.
- Develop and lead a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various partners about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Handle contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected work.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Supervise progress and make adjustments as needed, measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field.
- 2+ years of project management experience in LI-ION battery technology.
- Familiarity with project management software tools and methodologies.
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle.
- Excellent analytical skills, interpersonal skills with an inventive attitude to tackle problems creatively.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- 5+ years of project management experience in advanced LI-ION battery technology.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.