At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands - including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what's possible for a sustainable world.
This Advanced Digital Manufacturing Solutions Technologist will have global responsibility to deliver best-in-class digital factory MES and IT technology solutions that enable increasing competitiveness for our global manufacturing operations.
This position can be located in either Davidson, NC or Minneapolis, MN
This Technology Leader will develop and maintain a strategic roadmap and lead the manufacturing organizations in the identification and leveraged deployment of digital applications for their use. The ideal candidate will have deep expertise in the area of leading-edge MES, IoT and Manufacturing IT solutions, and be well-equipped to connect, configure, test and deliver the tools, processes and systems to improve our business. This activity will include deep partnerships with internal and external cross-functional groups, globally.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Identify, propose, validate and deliver digital factory solutions that support Company objectives.
- Develop and execute maturity assessments at scoped locations.
- Develop multi-year strategic roadmaps in partnership with the global business units.
- Research state-of-the-art digital manufacturing technologies appropriate to our needs.
- Execute proof of concept experiments to validate technology and solutions.
- Actively support the successful and efficient deployment of applications - this includes team formation, schedule management, go live planning, post go live care and partner selection.
- Create and implement internal standards for global platforms, vendors and methods.
- Support factory problem-solving efforts when escalated.
Influencing and Leading:
- Increase capability, competency and capacity in digital factory knowledge for internal stakeholders through training, mentoring and socializing of knowledge and standards.
- Build strong relationships with functional leaders to align solutions with business strategies.
- Act as a change leader, incorporating industry benchmarks and best practices to drive.
- innovation and continuous improvement.
- Develop and manage relationships with key IT vendors.
- Support compliance of proposed solutions to Company IT standards.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering (or related technical discipline) is required.
- At least 10 years of technology development experience within a global manufacturing environment with a demonstrated history of success and progression is required.
- Proven digital expertise, including MES applications.
- Professional Engineering certification is preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt is preferred.
- Advanced MES/IT/IoT competencies, particularly in the digital factory space
- Strong competency with designing and deploying elements of Industrial IoT: sensors, SCADA methods, controller protocols, data conversion, data broker architectures, databasing, data reporting and interrogation methods
- Strong acumen with factory planning and execution systems (PLM et al)
- Strong understanding of data analytics (e.g. AI, Cognitive Analytics, Machine Learning)
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with business relationship management, change management and global transformation initiatives
- Strategic thinker balancing thought leadership best practices with strong results-orientation
- Direct leadership of continuous improvement initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives
- Strong familiarity with machine tools, gage and quality systems and assembly
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to utilize Engineering principles
- Experience with process standardization (platforms, tools, standard work, training, etc.)
- Working knowledge of statistics and statistical modelling
- Project management acumen
- Ability to interpret financial reports
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work effectively in a variety of geographical regions and cultures across the globe
- Able to work safely in an industrial machinery environment
- Overnight travel is required, some globally. Expected travel requirements average 20%
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what's possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Base Pay Range (for Colorado Residents only): Minimum: $88,560 - Maximum: $184,140
Additional Compensation: Annual Bonus Eligible
Disclaimer: This "range" could be a result of seniority, merit, geographic location where the work is performed, education, experience, travel requirements for the job, or because of a system the employer uses to measure earnings by quantity or quality of production (so, for example, positions that may not have traditional salary ranges).
* Benefits vary by region, business alignment, union involvement and employee status.