A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
Your role: Primary responsibility is generating innovative particles and chemistries in order to create high value-added formulated products for cutting edge CMP segment of microelectronics advanced device manufacturing. Through a combination of external collaborations and internal development a range of technologies will be used to provide custom formulations for our polishing developments. Secondary responsibility is leading fundamentals and external academic collaborations.
Additionally, the candidate will interface with the product development teams to understand the key requirements for new CMP applications. As part of a team, he/she will design and execute research activities focused on the manufacture, processing and characterizing of particles and chemistries tailored to specific application needs. A key output of this research is an understanding of how process parameters and/or key raw materials characteristics impact performance. The person is expected to be a champion of new products to customers, support our applications teams for product qualifications at customers, and act as a technical resource to resolve issues with existing customers. The person in this position is also expected to be a resource to the entire Planarization R&D group for other aspects of CMP technology development.
The role will require leadership in all aspects of the development and commercialization of new products, working together with a larger group for knowledge building research. Candidates will need to have very strong technical knowledge, strong collaboration / team work skills, be self-motivated, have good communication skills, be a creative problem solver, and possess strong observation and perception skills. This person will need to perform some work in lab and clean room environment as well as to coordinate closely with an integrated team of scientists, commercial/product managers, engineers, and operations people in order to ensure successful commercialization of value-added new products. Preferred candidates will have demonstrated track record of innovative particle development for CMP slurries or similar formulated product chemistries for the microelectronics market.
Who you are:Minimum qualifications:
- Develop innovative particles and chemistries either organically or inorganically in order to create differentiated CMP products from leading edge applications.
- Develop methodologies to study and characterize new CMP formulations enabling a deeper understanding of structure property relationships.
- Develop deep technical knowledge into the mechanistic understanding of new product differentiation
- Identify new characterization tools as required to support new products in order to ensure strong technical understanding of key performance and quality factors for all new products
- Provide applications support for new and existing products
- Develop and exploit technical synergies with other activities and teams in the global Planarization R&D group
- Participate in external meetings (customers / technical meetings) to promote technical capabilities
- Participate in intellectual property development
- Provide technical leadership and program direction to chemists and technicians.
- Adhere to best safety practices and be champion of safety
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Material Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 15 years of post graduate career experience in a science / technology role.
- 5 years team management experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong technical background in particle technology or chemistry applied to CMP slurry formulation.
- Understanding of routine and non-routine analytical methods used to characterize particles and chemistries.
- Willing to conduct hands-on research, coach and teach technical programs at university.
- Understanding of colloidal and polymer science, preferably in an aqueous environment.
- Track record of knowledge creation for commercially successful new products.
What we offer:
- Experience in design of experiments and statistical analysis would be a key asset.
- Willingness to globally travel up to 20% and conduct weekly teleconferences.
- Recognition of business and strategic impacts from a technical perspective.
- Outstanding problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communications ability and teamwork skills a must
- Good English skills
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 217229
Career Level: E - Professional (10+ years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.