At Trane Technologies we Challenge Possible. Our brands - including Trane® and Thermo King®- create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what's possible for a sustainable world.
We are open candidate in or willing to relocate to: La Crosse, Wi; St. Paul, MN; Milwaukee, WI; Madison, WI and open in the future to travel to La Crosse, WI up to 25%.
Be a part of our mission! Do you want to directly contribute to an organization committed to reduce its customer carbon footprint by 1 Gigaton of Carbon Dioxide? As a world leader in creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments, it's our responsibility to put the planet first. For us at Trane Technologies, sustainability is not just how we do business-it is our business. Sustainability is at the center of our strategy and influences how we make every decision.
If you are someone who:
- Loves engineering and solving tough technical challenges through collaboration with others
- Is passionate about understanding customers and committed to solving real problems they face
- Cares about our planet and wants to be part of a team helping to make it a better place for all
- Welcomes challenges, whether that means new technologies, creating innovative solutions or digging in and just making solutions work
And would like to be part of an organization that:
- Is strong, established, and committed to making a difference in the world by leveraging the power of their multi-billion dollar revenue stream.
- Fosters creative thinking.
- Demands to be challenged by its employees, and supports our team members' desire to increase their skillset.
- Supports the community within the organization and the community outside the organization.
Then read on.
We are looking for an experienced control algorithm professional to join our Trane Technologies team in La Crosse WI, on the beautiful Mississippi River. This team is creating the next generation, industry leading HVAC equipment controls. Our customers know Trane Technologies reputation to deliver industry leading, energy efficient and reliable solutions to minimize operating costs while reducing environmental impact to the world. The Algorithm Engineer role is responsible for developing innovative control strategies and algorithms to be applied on embedded commercial Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) controls. Here are some of the specifics:
- We have great experience in our domain and we want you to bring your views, opinions, and perspectives to our team. You will learn things about our business that you might not have even thought about.
- We have strong technical leadership, we want you to bring your expertise and perspective, and your desire to learn.
- We exist for our customers, and through our relationships with our customers, we intend to change the world.
- Work with product management and application engineering to understand product requirements
- Develop control strategies and algorithms to meet or exceed product requirements
- Develop technical specifications to be used by the team for software development and verification
- Utilize effective communication techniques to help team members understand and implement the design strategy
- Lead dynamic controls testing: test planning, lab support, data analysis
- Develop and execute hardware in loop testing (real time data analysis)
- Advance model driven development methods
- Able to travel overnight; less than 10% of the time.
- Bachelor's Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related), Master's degree preferred
- 3+ years of control theory experience
- Classical control knowledge required (PID control, linear control, digital filtering)
- Advanced control knowledge preferred (modern control theory, model predictive control, non-linear control, adaptive control)
- System modeling expertise required. (Proficiency with Matlab Simulink, and optionally Stateflow)
- Understanding of thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics
- Computer skills C, C++ with ability to learn new programming languages
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Experience with product development processes preferred
- Experience with HVAC Systems and Components preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with others both written and orally.
- Mobility within the office. Frequent keyboarding. Ability to travel to Trane Business Locations
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what's possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.