At EAB , our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,900 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other-that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards .
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
The Commercial Analytics team enables EAB to take a highly data-driven approach to managing the business. Our customers are our peers - from product marketing managers to the office of the CEO - and our objective is to provide them with the insights and analysis necessary to make better and more informed decisions.
The Marketing Analyst will act as a key partner to the marketing leadership team by providing a clear understanding of the department's performance and by finding innovative ways to deploy marketing resources. The ideal candidate will have exceptional problem solving and communication skills, and experience using analytical tools to assemble, summarize, and interpret complex business data. He or she must be highly motivated to tackle challenging problems and provide outstanding service.
Our current opportunity is based in Washington, DC or Richmond, VA.
- Support marketing leadership team with a broad suite of performance reporting & analysis
- Use SQL to transform and clean data for the purpose of downstream analysis
- Create reports/dashboards and design visualizations in Tableau and Excel to generate actionable insight
- Deliver in-depth ad hoc analyses to diagnose performance issues and guide strategic initiatives
- Create forecasts and goals in order to set expectations and properly motivate product marketing managers
- Present findings to department & firm leadership
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in an analytical/quantitative field (e.g. economics, statistics, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience working with complex and disparate data to produce relevant and consumable reports, dashboards, and/or ad-hoc analyses
- Experience using both SQL and Excel to query and analyze business data
- Experience using Tableau or other business intelligence/visualization tools
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and insights from data
- Experience with and knowledge of marketing concepts and frameworks (e.g. funnel metrics, acquisition costs, ROI)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others and gain the trust of stakeholders
- Self-starter with proven ability to stay organized and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong desire to constantly improve technical/analytical skills by learning new methods and tackle challenging problems
- Graduate degree with focus in business intelligence, advanced analytics, and/or marketing analytics
- At least 1 year of experience in marketing analytics working with marketing funnel metrics
- Experience with Salesforce or other customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Strong project management skills
- Experience reporting to/communicating with executives
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to "make education smarter and our communities stronger" we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
This job has expired.