Job ID: 307000
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top five ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Crew member essential to plant operations at various locations by utilizing loader to maintain production levels.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Must partner with other plant employees to maintain plant operations as instructed by plant foreman to ensure daily schedules/estimates are met.
- Attendance required according to Company Attendance Policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
- Attitude/cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers and public.
- Ability to follow through with efficiency on verbal and written instructions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school education or GED preferred but not required.
- Articulating equipment experience required.
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes.
- Must have the ability to drive to ad from various plants, as needed.
- Overtime work required. Out of town/county/or state work may be required.
- Ability to stockpile using loader with attention to supplying plant with raw materials in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to work at heights up to 90 feet wearing appropriate PPE to perform maintenance or repair to plant components (ex: silo, drag slats, traverse, bag house, elevators, batch towers, drum/mixer, conveyors) utilizing ladders, stairs, man-lifts and catwalks.
- May oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustment to equipment.
- May perform other related duties such as backfilling trenches/excavations.
- Must adhere to PPE (personal protective equipment) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition as supplied by company.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
- Requires riding to and from plants. If operating a company vehicle, must meet Driver Qualification Standard.
- May be required to use power and/or hand tools needed to complete jobs within specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical ability to operate loader on rough terrain and provide assistance to plant personnel under extreme temperatures and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours.
- Ability to adapt and work in extreme weather temperatures.
- Ability to lift from 50 lbs. for repetitious lifting while using proper lifting techniques.
- Job requires the following motions: climbing, stretching, lifting, stooping, driving/steering, sitting, twisting vibration, riding on rough terrain.
- Will be exposed to extremes of heat or cold weather.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 18, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Plant, Plant Operator, Warehouse, Equipment Operator, Manufacturing
This job has expired.