Job ID: 435004
Come join Dolomite Products Co., Inc., a CRH Company, and begin the rest of your future with us. Dolomite's recruiting Vision Statement is to provide a World Class development program that attracts, retains, and produces emerging leaders within Dolomite and throughout CRH. By combining a whole company approach with individual mentorship, formal and hands-on education, we provide an opportunity for our employees to be immersed in our cultural values that have lead us to profitability and success. Start your career today and apply!!
This position supports the President, VP of Finance and Senior Management on various issues and projects. Position requirements also include working with the entire accounting staff on month end closings, budget/reforecast and other projects as necessary.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Oversee billing, payroll and general accounting departments.
- Manage accounting staff and coordinate with operations month-end close.
- Communicate monthly financial results with the President, VP of Finance and Senior management.
- Review financial statements. Be able to explain variances on queries.
- Review and approve balance sheet accounts monthly to ensure all balances are reconciled properly with supporting backup.
- Review and approve journal entries, AP Batches and Ticket / Invoice Batches.
- Post journal entries as needed.
- Assist VP of Finance by providing information requested to facilitate preparation of forecasts and budgets and required to evaluate or highlight monthly operating performance
- Prepare NYS and PA Sales and Use tax returns
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained to safeguard the financial assets of the company. This includes all SOX controls, CRH Americas Materials (CRHAMAT) and Northeast Division accounting policies and procedures.
- Complete IFRS Reporting Pack schedules for June & December
- Help in the planning/execution of the accounting staff goals, growth and succession
- Work on ad hoc projects as directed.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual.
- Strict adherence to Dolomite policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance; CPA and / or MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in various accounting/finance functions
- Manufacturing and/or construction background is highly desired
- Demonstrated experience with SOX, GAAP, cost accounting, inventory, budgeting, and forecasting
- Proven leadership skills a must
- Ability to communicate sufficiently to be able to convey and exchange ideas, and to give and receive detailed verbal instructions.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant
- Strong values and high standards of ethics, integrity, and trust.
- Strong financial, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Strong negotiation and project management skills.
- Business acumen in manufacturing, distribution and/or construction operations.
- Strong action orientation and drive for results.
- Strong oral/written communication, presentation and listening skills.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and facilitate change.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This chart outlines the physical requirements necessary to perform the duties of this job.Continuous:
- Fine motor
- Repetitive Motion
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Frequently:
0 - 10 lbs Occasionally:
10 - 25 lbs Not Applicable:
25 - 50 lbs
50 - 100 lbsWork Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work on a computer using fingers and hands to make key strokes. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, and walk.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This chart outlines the potential work environment the employees may be exposed to while performing the duties of this job.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Dolomite Products Co., Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 23, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Rochester Job Segment:
Project Manager, MBA, Technology, Management
This job has expired.