Welsbach Electric Corp. of L.I. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of publicly traded EMCOR Group Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical services. Welsbach Electric Corp. of L.I. provides complete electrical construction and preventative maintenance services to commercial and industrial businesses, schools, and municipal organizations in Nassau and Suffolk counties. With strategic footholds in the transportation and industrial markets, we have been able to capitalize on existing and emerging technologies to become one of the major electrical contractors on Long Island.
The Assistant Project Manager position is a critical role for the company. This individual will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager with planning and coordinating activities in the construction schedule. He or she will help with organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation. This individual must have the ability to support the Project Manager in resolving field problems as they arise. He or she needs to have the ability to monitor job progress and understand construction financial and accounting practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties will likely be assigned.
- Support Project Manager in driving project's overall flow effectively from inception to completion.
- Review contract and bid documents from estimating; review and understand scope for project turnover. Attend walk-throughs.
- Assist with project document control, including but not limited to, insurance, bonding, permits, submittals, RFI's, change orders, correspondence, etc.
- Ensure documents are centrally saved in the project's chosen document control software.
- Verify correct drawings are distributed to field.
- Assist with schedule of values, or billing format as required by the contract documents.
- Support project schedule showing completion, delivery dates and sub requirements. Integrate into overall project and manpower schedule as required.
- Request PO's for major equipment and subs indicating shipping requirements and anticipating delivery dates. (Request proper delivery notice at that time.)
- Facilitate material takeoffs by trade foreman.
- Attend all necessary meetings with both internal and external entities to review scheduling and delivery, work plans, job progress, manpower, and solutions to setbacks.
- Support accounting department in monthly billings and collections and follow up on outstanding balances.
- Collaborate with foreman regarding project safety. (Toolbox talks and weekly walk through.)
- Gather information for changes in work and turnover to estimating for pricing. P.M. will finalize C.O. pricing after estimating completes takeoff and attempt to maximize profit on C.O.s. Ensure no work starts prior to approval or notice to proceed.
- Assist field personnel in closeout of project.
- Obtain as-builts from field; request CAD from engineering.
- Escalate critical and/or sensitive issues to the Project Manager with recommendation for resolution.
- Comply with all Company operating policies, procedures, and safety programs as established.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the company or as directed by executives.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE-Note: Preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years related experience in electrical industry.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Pursuing Bachelor of Science with an engineering or construction management focus preferred.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and documentation.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and city regulations and guidelines.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, (i.e. Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, and other electrical, technical, or construction programs.
- Familiarity with project management/document control software.
- Familiarity with construction/financial software packages.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, professionalism and commitment to company values.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, strategic, technical, analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have high standards of quality with attention to detail.
- Must possess ability to manage and supervise personnel.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees, management, suppliers, and customers.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customer, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to commute to field locations. The employee must have the ability to navigate around job site locations.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee should expect to sit for long periods in front of a computer and also travel to field locations as needed.
While visiting field locations, the employee may be required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Welsbach Electric requires all new hires to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent. We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
This job has expired.