Job Posting Title
Associate Brand ManagerPosition Summary
The Associate Brand Manager (ABM) position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the brand portfolio. The ABM will assist with all aspects of running the business, from strategy development to design and execution of commercial activities, in order to optimize sales, profitability and competitive position.
- Contribute to the development and deployment of the short-term and long-term brand strategy.
- Assist in development and execution of multi-year portfolio plan by providing appropriate category/consumer/competitive insights and analyses, and by managing key issues and projects in support of business objectives.
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize growth opportunities in partnership with R&D / Consumer Insights, and lead Commercial team in assessing opportunity feasibility and developing go-to-market launch plan.
- Manage portfolio profitability, including assortment optimization, demand forecasting, inventory management, business case assessment and monthly performance reporting.
- Partner with Channel Marketing and Category management teams to ensure Sales efforts aligned with overall portfolio strategy, including creation of selling stories and communication / release of sales-related materials to field team.
- Participate in planning and execution of select shopper and consumer marketing campaigns and activities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong project management skills: Ability to multi-task and to leverage peer influence to drive projects to on-time completion.
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong creative & problem solving ability
Education and Experience
Ability to learn quickly, with agility
- Comfort working independently & with ambiguity
- Desire to operate in fast-paced, hands-on environment
- Bias for action & passion for delivering results
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- MBA preferred (in general management or marketing) or
- 3+ years of marketing experience at a US Consumer Goods organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with IRI or Nielsen a plus
- Licensing and/or Sponsorship experience preferred
- Proficiency with SAP a plus
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, employment decisions and opportunities at Ferrara will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil union status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic information, pregnancy (childbirth or related medical condition), or on any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.