Title: Associate Plant HR Generalist
Location: American Falls, ID
Country: United States of America
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
Under the direction of Plant Human Resources Manager, oversee all Human Resource processes including, but not limited to: classification, recruitment and selection, compensation, benefits, disability accommodation, employee relations, training and labor relations, etc. This position is responsible for performing a professional level of duties as a human resources associate generalist
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Hourly staffing to include recruiting, selection, new hire orientation and associated paperwork/systems updates.
- Oversee employee benefits open enrollment and wellness program participation.
- General HR support for employees - answer routine questions, resolve conflicts, conduct and document investigations, provide communication, etc.
- Responsible to conduct training sessions as needed, such as Respectful Workplace, Harassment/Discrimination, Code of Conduct, etc.
- Supports and advises employees, supervisors and managers regarding employee relations issues including coaching supervisors and managers in managing employee performance
- Responsible for assisting in employee investigation matters.
- Responsible for assisting in the administration of disability and Workers Compensation claims
- Manages the processing of new job requisitions and hiring activities for all Hourly and Salary personnel
- Maintains AAP including overseeing the disposition of candidates on all requisitions, establish hiring goals and assist in communication of hiring goals to appropriate hiring managers
- Conducts periodic audits and ensures accurate recordkeeping for HR office
- Tracks personnel activities like transfers, promotions and terminations.
- Responsible for updating Hourly Employee Handbook and maintaining HR policies and procedures
- Provide support to the Safety function by participating in Central Safety meetings, Key Concepts Audits and preparations, and Safety Engagement focus groups.
- Understand and maintain professionalism in all business dealings with all team members, as well as customers and vendors.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures and practices, as well as enforce them with all team members.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a four year college; relevant work experience may substitute.
- 1 plus years of Human Resources experience preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written - Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to interact professionally and positively with employees at all levels in the organization
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Some experience with HRIS such as Kronos, WorkDay and WorkLoud is preferred.
- Experience with conducting workplace investigations
- Knowledge and understanding of employment laws and regulations (e.g. FMLA, OFLA, Affirmative action, ADAAA)
- Knowledge of benefit programs (Medical, 401k, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with interviewing and employment practices
- Ability to make sound hiring decisions for a dynamic work environment
- Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, other instructions and manuals.
- Excellent computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
- Excellent skills in prioritizing, organizing, and delegating assignments, as well as performing timely follow-up on assignments/tasks.
- Excellent listening, speaking and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be able to do multiple tasks or manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, including leadership (management).
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume, etc. as it relates to safety and/or human resources.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness - Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services - mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-230015
Time Type: Full timeLamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law
This job has expired.