Kforce's client, a long-standing NYC based CPA firm is seeking an Audit Senior Associate. Summary: You will serve as a trusted business advisor, providing guidance to help our clients succeed in today's complex and challenging marketplace. As an audit professional, you will guide our clients through evaluating, reporting and complying for the needs of their financial reporting. Our team's clients primarily reside in retail, manufacturing, wholesale and distribution, professional services, broker-dealers, real estate and technology.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA or commitment to pass CPA exam and thereafter obtain CPA licensure
- 4-6 years of experience within a CPA Firm
- Working knowledge and exposure to the common issues facing non-publicly traded companies in manufacturing, distribution and services industry, including but not limited to entrepreneurship, funding requirements, and growth objectives
- Working knowledge of public accounting and audit practices, procedures and reporting standards; Extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP, U.S GAAS and IFRS standards
- Thorough knowledge of first level review of basic audit reports produced by associates
- Demonstrates technical skills for applicable accounting and reporting standards in attest engagements including research, completing and reviewing the engagement elements
- Experience applying professional skepticism skills
- Prior commercial client experience leading a team
- Demonstrated strength in the ability to design engagement procedures based on materiality, risk and other discussions with the engagement team and client
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.