Job Title: Business Insurance Executive Liability Practice (XLP) - Client Service Executive
LOCATION:Johns Creek, Georgia
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Make a career. Make a difference.
Ready to join a business based on innovation and integrity? Work with us and discover real opportunities to make our clients and our communities more secure and more successful.
Marsh & McLennan Agency Southeast is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. With over 20 offices across AL, FL, GA, KY and TN, the MMA Southeast region has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
When you join MMA, you'll find a:
Culture of respect that practices everything we preach
Respect for the entrepreneurial spirit
Place to grow, to be challenged - but also to feel that you belong
Special way to give back to your community
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Client Service Executive is a senior member of the Executive & Professional Liability Practice (XLP) team, which provides sales support, account marketing and related client support services ensuring the needs of Executive, Professional & Cyber Liability clients are successfully achieved. Serving in a direct client facing role, the Client Service Executive handles and manages accounts, at a high level of proficiency, on an ongoing basis, performing essential functions such as coverage analysis and risk management recommendations, negotiating coverage and pricing, and preparing proposals according to agency standards and workflows; assuring correct information to achieve the quality and service standards developed by the agency.
Additionally, the Client Service Executive will manage and oversee carrier partnership(s), initiative, or programs. Responsibilities include long term oversight, continued negotiation of terms and conditions as well as regional and national communications specific to such project.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Supports producers in regard to Executive, Professional and Cyber Liability insurance coverages by developing initial and on-going business and consultative relationships with clients, prospective clients and carriers.
- Markets and negotiates new and renewal accounts. Oversees the marketing process, renewal and new business process for Executive, Professional and Cyber Liability for publicly traded, private and non-profit insureds. In a wide range of industries, including but not limited to: Financial Institutions, Technology, Healthcare, Professional Services, Education, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Hospitality.
- Working with Producer/Account Manager to develop a marketing strategy
- Reviewing applications for completeness and following up with Producer/Account Manager or client to obtain necessary information.
- Sending applications to Carriers in accordance with company procedures.
- Receiving and reviewing renewal and new business quotes from carriers, comparing coverages and forms; and negotiating coverages with underwriters
- Prepares proposals and other carrier products
- Binds Coverage with carriers as needed
- Reviews prospects policies and provides appropriate feedback.
- Presents to clients in support of new business and renewals
- Works closely with MMA Southeast divisions to provide quality consultation services and serve as a resource to producers, account managers and clients.
- Meets with clients and prospects, producers and account teams to discuss issues, and resolve problems.
- Maintains proper level of communication and builds effective relationships with clients and prospects, producers, account teams and carrier partners (underwriters and marketing).
- Participates on MMA product line and/or industry Center(s) of Excellence and contributes on a project-basis to CoE initiatives.
- Keeps up to date on market trends, issues and enhancements relative to Executive, Professional and Cyber Liability coverages.
- Participates in seminars and other training to broaden knowledge of Executive, Professional and Cyber Liability specialty insurance products.
- Communicates and interacts with all levels of management, employees, carriers and clients and prospects.
- Builds proficiency with Marsh and third party legal, analytic and benchmarking tools.
- Participates in speaking roles on panels, on an as needed basis.
- Negotiates, manages and provides ongoing oversight for carrier initiatives for usage by all regional and national colleagues.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Risk Management or similar field of study required.
- Minimum ten (10) years' experience working with Executive, Professional and / or Privacy Liability products, whether in an underwriting, adjuster, agent or attorney role, specifically to include Public D&O, private D&O, and Financial Institutions.
- P&C Insurance License or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Management Liability Insurance Specialist (MLIS) and / or Registered Professional Liability Underwriter (RPLU) preferred and recommended, but not required.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as demonstrated emotional intelligence; take initiative; be solution focused and be a change agent for the organization.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and basic math, finance, and financial management knowledge.
- Must have a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including:
- 401K and company match program
- Company-paid life and disability
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous paid time off programs
- Paid parental leave
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Volunteer paid time off (VTO)
- Career mobility
- Pet insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Employee networking groups
- Continuing education and training opportunities
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.
This job has expired.