Kemps is a farmer-owned brand of Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a diary marketing cooperative owned by more than 12,500 family farmers. Since 1914, Kemps has provided families with fresh, delicious dairy products, fresh milk, frozen yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese and frozen novelty treats. By joining Kemps, you can help us continue to make a difference that matters. We care deeply about the well-being of our neighbors and friends, and we celebrate the diversity of our company and our world. It takes an incredible team to deliver the goodness of dairy and enrich our communities - come join us!
As a market leader in innovation, we are introducing our Extended Shelf Life (ESL) Products and seek a talented Branded ESL Commercial Director to lead the program. In this role you will manage the development and execution of the branded ESL beverage business plan with the primary objective focused on top line revenue growth. You will collaborate and align with cross-functional teams to plan and implement the growth strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and manages annual operating plan to establish and grow new value-added beverage business. Determines strategies and tactics to effectively establish the portfolio and position it for growth. Responsible for management of the P&L.
- Develops the sales strategy for the business. Works through the existing Dairy Brands sales infrastructure to achieve distribution and manage accounts. Is responsible for setting sales targets and ensuring they are met. Successfully commercializes new product launches to the marketplace.
- Together with Finance support resource, builds new business proformas for products/ customers.
- Leverages shared resources (logistics, finance, and business services) to build the business. Builds strong working relationships maximize effectiveness and efficiency through collaborative effort.
- Effectively leads cross-functional team to manage growth opportunities and key business initiatives.
- Performs other duties as determined by business needs.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and at least 10 years' experience in managing successful growth businesses. MBA preferred
- Experience managing sales strategy/ execution
- Knowledge of US retailer network and management of warehouse distributed CPG products.
- Complex Decision Making: Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment. Communicates and promotes change as needed.
- Work Coordination and Integration: Skilled at coordinating and integrating work efforts cross-functionally. Fosters the alignment of goals across all functional areas.
- Knowledge of Product Costing and Pricing/ Promotions: Has strong knowledge of products and customers. Understands dairy product costing and how it correlates with retail pricing structures. Familiar with trade promotion planning/ execution.
- Ability to communicate to all levels in the organization effectively.
- Strong leadership, decision-making, problem-solving with the ability to work within a matrix structure.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!