This position is primarily responsible for managing all on-site activity and subcontractors/trade partners, with a goal of completing homes safely, on time, and within budget.
Company Overview: Beazer Homes is committed to employee wellbeing and life-work balance, offering development opportunities, a flexible time-off program, and an industry leading parental leave policy.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for managing all under construction homes, completed unsold home sites, on-site trailer area, and community as a whole
- Coordinates all on site construction without supervision including regular interactions with Division departments and city inspectors
- Studies and understands project specifications, plans, and Scopes of Work to effectively manage each project
- Responsible for scheduling all Trade Partners and inspecting work for quality
- Manages all material orders and deliveries to meet needs of project schedule
- Prioritizes labor and equipment resources as needed to avoid delays
- Builder position may manage Assistant Builders
- Addresses complaints and grievances within work force; resolves customer problems
- Conducts daily physical inspection of each house to determine progress and to ensure staff and Trade Partners comply with Company safety and quality control standards
- Oversees completion of walk-through items
- Ensures staff and subcontractors follow Company and Division construction, quality control, and safety methods
- Ensures scheduling and payment systems are up to date to ensure Trade Partner get paid in a timely manner
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two to five years of practical construction experience managing multiple projects
Skills & Abilities
- Organizational and management skills; detail oriented
- Ability to recognize and resolve problems
- Works well with a timeline
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- General knowledge of local codes and construction methods, construction material identification and use
- Knowledge of all phases of new home construction
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Knowledge of industry standard job site safety practices
- May have occasion to lift/carry and/or push/pull 50 pounds.
- May require travel to multiple construction sites where temperature, weather and noise may vary; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee's job duties may change at any time, in the company's sole discretion. Personal Information Collection Notice for Job Applicants
, which includes a link to an additional notice for California residents and which link can also be visited directly at Beazer.com/Californiaprivacy
. Equal Opportunity Employer
This job has expired.