This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided."
For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th 2022 for this position.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
As a Business Analyst (BA), within the Global Sales, Service, Marketing and Customer Experience IT Organization, you will work side-by-side with business process owners and key stakeholders to identify opportunities and elicit business requirements. You will analyze and evaluate solutions options, facilitate requirements gathering sessions, deliver business value through execution of medium to large projects and develop future strategy To be successful, you must be customer focused, be able to clearly define and communicate business needs, and be personally driven to improve the business.
Major duties / responsibilities:
- Project coordination & execution role for Plan and Define as part of the System Development process
- Development of business process models, business requirements/user stories (functional and non-functional) and product backlogs
- Partners with business to ensure comprehensive user acceptance testing/training plans are developed/executed and application is successfully transitioned to production
- Increased understanding of business issues and data challenges of the business
- Serves as the requirement's liaison between the business community and the IT teams
- Coordinates with Business on Problem and Incident Management
- Coordinates project business value/return on investment analysis
- Supports IT Strategy Development
- Identifies business strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement
- Makes recommendations on what projects should be pursued
- Perform research on new insights / initiatives the organization may want to pursue
- Assists with coordination & representation for Change Requests (CRs)
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- In-depth understanding of business analyst fundamentals
- In-depth understanding of writing & leading Business Requirements Documents
- In-depth understanding of Business Process Modeling
- Knowledge in a functional area or business process domain
- In-depth understanding of business issues and data challenges of the organization and industry as a whole
- In-depth understanding of business process and how application(s) they represent support it
- Demonstrates critical skills such as collaboration, strong written and verbal communication skills and analytical capability
- Independently facilitates sessions with end users, asking probing questions to elicit business process discussion and capture process flow diagrams
- Independently facilitates meetings.
Additional Job DescriptionRequirements:
- In-depth business knowledge
- Action oriented
- Raises issues appropriately
- Presents information for decision-making purposes with little to no direction
- Increased technical & business insight for planning
- Strong time ,management skills
- Ability to multi-task i.e. leading multiple projects
- Bachelor's degree required (technical subject area preferred) or equivalent experience. 7+ years in an applicable business environment.
- Proven in-depth understanding of Business Process fundamentals; including requirements elicitation, stakeholder collaboration, effective and timely communications, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in IT project management, requirements definition, process definition, testing, and IT strategy and roadmap development.
- Expertise in utilizing requirements tools
- Experience with Dealer/Customer Business Processes
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Good Communication (verbal and written) and analytical skills
- Master's Degree in Business, IT, Engineering, or related
- Development experience
- PMP Certified
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.