SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Business Development Representative should generate and follow up on all sales
leads in assigned territory and acts as a direct liaison of the company with all customers
in a manner consistent with promoting and representing the company that is deemed best
beneficial to the company's interest.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows up on leads generated by marketing activities; telephones or visits
potential customers to discuss needs and provide company specific
- Develops referrals and makes contacts to other potential customers in assigned
territory and communicates additional leads for all sales territories of the
company. Maintain and develop customer relations on an on-going basis.
- Attends and works trade shows for company in assigned territory and as directed
- Ensures clients receive marketing literature and provide follow up with sales
inquiries/proposals; answers any questions and obtains any further information
necessary for customers.
- Reviews any questions or concerns with the Sales Department; discuss and
provide any unique job scope procedures, financial parameters and/or timelines
necessities with Estimating, Engineering, or Operation Departments.
- Follows up with customers before project execution, during project execution
and after completion to ensure customers' expectations are met and resolves any
concerns or issues in a timely manner with the appropriate department.
- Negotiate in "good-faith" on behalf of the company any financial concerns,
out-of-scope work clarifications, contract negotiations, and good will public
relations as necessary to best benefit the company directives.
- Assist with implementation of forms and written reports of sales activities
including call reports, sales orders, backlog, forecasts, lost accounts,
spreadsheets, customer tracking, sales database upkeep, pre-qualification forms,
customer compliance/bid packages, insurance forms and newsletter.
- Accounts and tracks monthly expense reports and uses discretion with company
funds in a manner that meets company policy and in accordance with direct
- Assists the Vice President Sales and Marketing in all marketing, research,
analysis, reporting, and implementation as requested.
- Performs other project duties and functions as required and or directed by the
Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Directors and Executives of the Company.
The position reports directly to Vice President of Sales & Marketing and has reporting
responsibilities to other Department Directors and or Executives, as necessary.
A college degree or similar previous job experience is preferred. Must understand and
have knowledge of safety, quality and administration practices and procedures. Good
communication skills and the ability to work well with supervisor, co-workers and
subordinates are essential. Good leadership skills and proactive decision making and
problem solving is necessary. The ability to oversee multiple tasks, customer
correspondences' and maintain a detailed scheduled is required.
Utilization of computer skills to navigate programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook to coordinate job activities is beneficial. Must be
able to meet all customer qualifications to access job site.
Regular travel by airplane and automobile in conducting business is required. Ability
to communicate orally with customers, management and other co-workers, both
individually and in front of a group is necessary. Regular use of the telephone and email
for communication is essential. Activities include but are not limited to extended
periods of sitting, extensive work at a computer work station, 12 hour on-site shifts
either night or day, climbing structures utilizing a ladder, donning necessary PPE,
confine space entry, operating machinery and or hand tools, as well as other typical
maintenance turnaround industrial tasks.
Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to
receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents. No manual heavy
lifting is expected, without utilization of appropriate equipment. Exertion of up to 60
lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of
common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX
machines as well as the ability to navigate around obstacles and perform standard
craft industrial tasks on petrochemical turnarounds.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able
to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and
sampling theory as well as algebra, linear equations, and other analytics as required.
Able to understand and utilize contractual documents, timeline applications and legal
documents to conduct business.
The job may be performed both indoors in an office setting and outdoors in a variety
of settings including possible hazardous conditions on and around scaffolding or a
construction/turnaround site inside of petrochemical facilities. Exposure to loud noises,
dust, dirt, irritants and smoke may occur. Special PPE may be necessary to control some
hazardous environments in which you must verify requirements from your supervisor
and or the Safety Department.
The company expects you to dress and groom in accordance with accepted social and
business standards as commonly referred to as "business casual". No profanity or
offensive attire maybe displayed while performing work for the company. While
working on-site at a petrochemical facility, at a minimum, protective safety clothing is
required including appropriate construction grade boots, gloves, hardhat, goggles, and
fire retardant clothing. Additional forms of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) maybe
required depending on the particular job scope and must be maintained or exceed the
recommended requirements. If additional clarification is necessary or if special events
are required for you to attend as a representative of the company, you will be notified
GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT
AltairStrickland expects all of its employees to adhere to high standards of conduct that
reflect its core values of safety, professionalism, and courtesy. Because these core
values are not negotiable, violators may be subject to discipline up to and including
discharge regarding any infractions that may affect AltairStrickland or its respective
Companies adversely. Although it is not possible to list any and all types of conduct that
may result in disciplinary action, the following kinds of conduct are absolutely
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.
- Abuse, mistreatment, or threatening of a customer or another employee,
physical, verbal, or psychological.
- Falsification of employment application or other employee records.
- Insubordination and or dishonesty.
- Using offensive and/or abusive language.
- Loafing or sleeping on the job during the employee's working hours.
- Soliciting gratuities from visitors and or vendors.
- Disregard of one's appearance, uniform, dress or personal hygiene.
- Commission of a crime.
- Violation of any and all safety rules.
- Failure to follow the rules concerning solicitation and/or distribution of
- Tardiness or absenteeism or unauthorized absence by an employee from his or
her work station during an employee's working time, or leaving one's work area
- Violating AltairStrickland's policies on Equal Employment or Harassment,
including or engaging in immoral, indecent or disorderly conduct of any nature.
- Unauthorized use and/or possession of narcotics, dangerous drugs, intoxicating
beverages or substances, or being under the influence of intoxicants or drugs on
premises or during working hours.
- Any discourtesy, unkindness or impatience with customers or with any member
of the public visiting AltairStrickland or its respective Companies.
- Possession of firearms or any other type of weapon while on the jobsite or
AltairStrickland premises or respective Companies.
- Unauthorized possession of property belonging to AltairStrickland, Company
subsidiaries, of another employee, or of a customer or visitor to the Company.
- Negligent or deliberate destruction of or misuse of property belonging to
AltairStrickland, its subsidiaries or to a customer or visitor to the Company.
- Unauthorized possession, use, copying or reading of AltairStrickland records
subsidiaries companies, or disclosure of information contained in such records to
- Poor attitude or disrespect to management, your supervisor, the customer,
employees, vendors or visitors to AltairStrickland.
- Violating any customer policy or procedure that does not conflict with
AltairStrickland's policies and procedures.