Job ID: 218002
Location: RESTON , VA , US
Date Posted: 2021-05-26
Category: Business Development
Subcategory: Business Dev
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is looking to bring on a Business Development Director. This position reports to the Vice President of Business Development in the Army Business Unit. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Army Enterprise IT Team to execute the responsibilities outlined below. Within this partnership, the candidate will share overall responsibility for business development strategy, planning and execution for transformative opportunities across the Army’s DoDIN with a focus on network modernization, software sustainment, application modernization, cloud services, enterprise service & end point management, data analytics, and cybersecurity. The successful candidate will demonstrate the experience and career path trajectory required to manage the full scope of business practices required to manage a book of business, including business development, pipeline development, client management, and proposal development responsibilities. This position will be remote but preferred to be located in the vicinity of NOVA/DC area and will require business travel as needed.
- The successful candidate understands the missions of the respective Army stakeholders and their cultures, organizational components, dependencies, leadership, major programs and their challenges.
- This role effectively encompasses two areas of responsibility, primary would be Business Development and secondary would be Capture Management support.
- The candidate is responsible for generating target Army Enterprise IT and Cyber Operations strategic planning and positioning with full support from a corporate infrastructure that includes, capture management, proposal development and management, subject matter expertise covering a broad range of portfolio capabilities.
- Assess opportunities to eliminate or move forward through SAIC’s Pre-Award process so an opportunity is included in SAIC’s pipeline metrics as a qualified opportunity.
- The Business Development responsibilities include opportunity identification, qualification and maturation to assist SAIC in determining best value positioning as well as pursue no pursue decisions.
- The Business Development responsibilities require the candidate to lead the throughout the qualification process and stay deeply involved in developing the company’s win strategy.
- This position is a senior level Business Development and therefore it is expected this individual will manage a dynamic, multi-year pipeline of opportunities in various stages of maturity.
- The Business Development activities will promote the complete portfolio of services from SAIC’s Market Segments to our client base.
- The SAIC Market Segments include Engineering, Integration & Mission Solutions, Enterprise Information Technology Solutions, and Platform Integration, Logistics, Readiness & Sustainment.
- SAIC’s core Army Enterprise IT competencies also include Enterprise Resource Planning, Enterprise Service Integration & Transformation, IT Managed Services, Enterprise Application Rationalization & Modernization, DCO/Cybersecurity, Cloud & Data Sciences, Engineering and Policy.
Other Responsibilities May Include:
- Market analysis, strategic business planning including identification, qualification, and marketing aspects of a complete capture that will lead to the award of major programs.
- This position will include customer contact and positioning; teaming interactions; and coordination with other internal business development and sales resources available across SAIC.
- This position requires the candidate to engage with existing programs to understand current execution and identify improvement opportunities.
- 8 years + prior Business Development Government contracting experience
- The candidate must have credibility among and understanding of Senor Army leadership and influencers as well as a reputation for being able to build and work within high performance teams in a matrix-management environment.
- Must be able to communicate well with senior and executive management within a company and with key DoD/Army customers
- A demonstrated sustained ability and reputation of winning complex, prime integration services or systems engineering contract awards.
- Recent and proven business development experience across Army Enterprise IT competencies (i.e. Enterprise Resource Planning, Enterprise Service Integration & Transformation, IT Managed Services, Enterprise Application Rationalization & Modernization, DCO/Cybersecurity, Cloud & Data Sciences, Engineering and Policy).
- Experience with customer relationship management and opportunity tracking as well as experience with a variety of contract types including cost plus fixed fee, fixed price, time & material, and performance based contracting are required.
- The successful candidate will be able to reference a portfolio of submittals and awards that include experience in all types of government contracts (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus) and full array of capture strategies (major re-competes, incumbent capture, sole source, etc.).
- Candidates must have highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carry- out daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within SAIC, with the customers, and with teammates and subcontractors.
- A demonstrated sustained ability and reputation of winning complex, prime integration services or systems engineering contract awards with values over $100M (or multiple $50M single contract awards) that meets and exceeds challenging goals and quotas is strongly desired
- Past experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
Target salary range: $195,001 - $205,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.