Welcome to Vaco - an uncommon company with an empowered culture. At Vaco, we welcome talented malcontents seeking a collaborative environment where creative freedom rings.
If you are feeling trapped in your current J-O-B, we invite you to explore the career of a lifetime with us. Since 2002, we have grown to over $750 MM in annual revenue and more than 40 locations. And with no plans of slowing down anytime soon, we are seeking big thinkers to lead us into the future.
If you are looking for a conservative, bureaucratic corporation, Vaco may not be the place for you. If, however, you are a lifetime learner who thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment, read on!
A Day in the Life
- Ranked the #1 Best Staffing Firm to Work for in North America by Staffing Industry Analysts (Category: 500+ Employees)
- An Inc. 5000 fastest growing private company in America every year since 2007!
Your CTO client just called. She's in desperate need of an Application Developer. Or maybe she needs an experienced Project Manager to lead a critical implementation. As Business Development Manager of Technology, you will work with a team of Recruiters to fulfill exciting project and direct-hire positions in the areas of information technology, ranging from Help Desk Support and Application Development to Network Engineering, CIOs, CTOs, and more.Duties and Responsibilities
'Best Place to Work' Perks
- Establish and develop client relationships on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct prospecting activities including phone calls, "ad calls," skills marketing, email, social media, in-person meetings, and other methods.
- Establish and conduct client visits according to performance goals.
- Actively develop and maintain a target account list.
- Generate new job orders according to performance objectives.
- Manage open job orders from intake to fulfillment.
- Achieve performance objectives relating to activity and individual Gross Margin according to job level and line of business.
- Consistently utilize Bullhorn to log all activity, notes, and information vital to managing and growing a book of business as well as planning daily activities.
- Collaborate with teammates to cross-sell and/or fulfill open positions across other lines of business and/or national practices as appropriate.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
- True base salaries and uncapped commission plans that surpass industry standards.
- Annual, FIVE STAR vacations (we call it "Vatopia") for meeting top tier performance goals.
- Annual world class training where all Vacotians, as we like to call them, get together to meet, learn, and exchange ideas.
- Generous PTO that increases with tenure.
- Technology packages that include smart phone coverage, up-to-date equipment, and top tier online resources.
Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, pet insurance, life insurance, disability and more!
At Vaco, who you are is more important than what you do. For that reason, Vaconians are expected to act according to the following core Vaco values:
Desired Competencies and Skills:
- A Team First Approach, aligning with the core tenets: Proud to Wear Jersey, Stay Team Focused, and Assume Positive Intent
- Self-Awareness, aligning with the core tenets Outlaws Welcome, Stay Coachable and Be Comfortable with Healthy Conflict
- Solutions Oriented, aligning with the core tenets Be Entrepreneurial, Be Electable, Fix the Problem Not the Blame
- Grit, aligning with the core tenets Work Hard, Stay Free and Play 'til the Whistle.
- Communication: Speaks in a clear, concise and confident manner.
- Listening Skills: Attentively listens to understand and interpret what is being said.
- Judgement: Forms reasonable interpretations about relationships and situations that affect actions. Develops objective opinions.
- Marketing: Interprets, delivers, and communicates value to appropriate target audience.
- Emotional Intelligence: Maintains a high level of self-awareness and the ability to appropriately identify, manage, and respond to the emotions of self and others.
- Written Communication: Develops written communication that is clear, concise, grammatical, and influential.
- Adaptability: Responds to changes, delays, or unexpected events in a positive manner; Adapts working style to best fit a given situation.
- Leadership: Self-directed with an innate drive to succeed; Accepts feedback with a desire for continuous improvement. Ethical.
- Relationship Building: Builds, develops, and maintains strong relationships with others while building trust and connection.
- Social Confidence: Exhibit self-confidence in social settings and when dealing with others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree plus 2 to 3 years' technology sales and/or staffing experience.
- Active member of the IT community, networking groups.
- Proven success in technology sales or staffing.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Experience with Bullhorn preferred.
- Able to work with a sense of urgency and meet tight deadlines; Organized, detailed, and results driven.
< 10% -Occasional travel to annual conference or client sites
California residents may also access Vaco's HR Notice at Collection for California Applicants and Employees.
Vaco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race (including but not limited to traits historically associated with race such as hair texture and hair style), color, sex (includes pregnancy or related conditions), religion or creed, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, status as a veteran, union membership, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation, or any other protected characteristics as required by federal, state or local law.