Business Info Developer (.Net) Healthcare (JR61938)
Location: Norfolk, Virginia area preferred. Remote
The Business Info Developer is responsible for gathering requirements, designing, developing, delivering, and supporting the technical architecture of complex/diverse reporting solutions that help drive business decisions. This position works directly with business owners and the general user community to identify and implement financial reporting solutions. A general understanding of financial reporting concepts, a high degree of creativity, attention to detail, consistency, and a strong ability to plan, execute and manage work independently is required from someone who works in this role. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Combine knowledge of Teradata, SQL, Excel, SSIS, SSRS and/or .Net or other tools in support of reporting initiatives
- Gather, interpret, document, and prioritize new reporting requests from internal customers.
- Develop and deliver scheduled and ad-hoc reports, including dashboards.
- Developing and executing complex data mining analyses, which involves the design and execution of programs to extract data.
- Maintain standards and data quality in data loads and reporting.
- Optimize and review current processes to improve business results.
- Gather business requirements and convert them into data requirements and specifications.
- Analyze the results, reconcile, test and implement data solutions.
- Work directly with business leaders to identify analytical requirements.
- Identify and apply multiple technology solutions to fulfill business data requirements.
- Actively seek ways to apply technology to business processes.
- Conducts training on use of applications developed.
- BS/BA degree; up to 2 years' experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Health Insurance Industry experience.
- Prefer prior experience supporting Healthcare Accounting/Finance data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to provide clear explanation of information to technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience in either a technical or functional area involving data analytics and report writing for Healthcare.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- BS/BA degree
- 2-3 years years' of related analytical experience.
- Experience with Teradata, SNOWFLAKE or SQL.
- Experience with SSRS, SSIS.
- Analytical background with strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and quality output.
- Able to work on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Highly customer-focused.
- Able to take direction and work on own, or with a team.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health. Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities - and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Elevance Health approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.