The Asahi Kasei Group operates with a commitment of creating for tomorrow. Our business sectors, Material, Homes, and Health Care, contribute to the development of society by anticipating the changing needs of those around the world. We look for candidates that offer a fresh perspective and a variety of skills to help us achieve our commitment.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Celgard where we develop and manufacture membrane battery separators that are critical components used in lithium-ion batteries for electric drive vehicles (EDVs) and energy storage systems (ESS).
The Buyer is responsible for coordinating and the execution of purchasing activities, as well as vendor management. The role contributes to departmental initiatives by providing insight into market activity, supplier initiatives, process innovation and improvements.
General Duties of the Job:
• Responsible for purchase order generation, vendor order confirmations, and on-time delivery.
• Responsible for all purchase order and invoice reconciliation.
• Accountable all new vendor setups and monthly vendor audits.
• Accountable for executing/implementing plans/projects related to procurement objects in his/her region, and supporting the company defined strategy and tactical business plan.
• Understands and monitors spending trends, supplier scorecard, cost and markets drivers, potential synergies and purchasing leverages.
• Collaborate extensively with Site Manager, Quality, Manger Production Manager for new raw material approval and trials.
• Contribute to defining strategic objectives and tactics within the entire supply chain scope.
• Focus on developing suppliers in cost reduction programs, working capital reduction, quality improvement when relevant, delivery performance, and joint innovative projects.
• Focus on reducing risk and dependency exposure by developing alternative suppliers and wherever possible establishing dual sourcing.
• Define & ensure implementation of Purchasing Best Practices.
• Visit Polypore and vendor sites as needed for project follow-up, support, review, best practice sharing, coaching & training, etc.
• Adhere to ethical principles and standards of purchasing.
• Ensure department and purchasing practices comply with all applicable safety regulatory and quality system requirements.
• Worksite located full time at the Charlotte, NC production plant with flexibility for hybrid work as appropriate.
Education & Experience:
• High school diploma/GED or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, Purchasing Materials Management, or related college degree preferred.
• 3 to 5 years purchasing or supply chain experience required. Experience supporting a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Certification in Production Inventory Management (CPIM) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) preferred.
• Proficient in MS Office applications (i.e. MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook) required. Microsoft Dynamics preferred.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) for internal and external customer/vendor interaction
• Negotiating skills
• Lean or Six Sigma experience preferred
• Individual initiative, analytical skills, and a healthy sense of urgency
• Must be able to travel between Charlotte and Concord sites at least monthly.
As an equal opportunity employer, Asahi Kasei believes a diverse workforce will provide us with the ability to continuously support the changes in the economy, society, and environment.
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted 33 minutes ago
Santa Barbara, California
Posted 33 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!