GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Senior Data Analyst position on the Brigham and Women's Physicians Organization (BWPO) Brigham Care Strategies & Innovation (BCSI) team supports the mission to improve the quality and value of clinical care through data analytics and reporting. The BWPO Senior Data Analyst will provide analytic and project management support for the activities of the BWPO BCSI Team, specifically related to cost-of-care, quality, and faculty development and wellbeing.
The Senior Data Analyst will report to the BWPO Data Analytics Manager and work closely with the BWPO BCSI senior leadership team and clinical and administrative leaders from across the Brigham Health (BH) system. The Data Analyst will collaborate with leaders to define both cost and quality improvement opportunities and provide analytical support for ongoing and future projects. This collaboration and support will include the development and coordination of all aspects of data projects from conception through implementation and evaluation, as well as high-level and in-depth data analytics. This will involve analysis of administrative and clinical databases, extensive use of survey data, linking existing databases to create powerful data repositories, and collaborating with other BWH and MGB data repositories and analytic teams to build actionable data assets to address cost-of-care, quality improvement and healthcare provider well-being initiatives. The Senior Analyst will also become a subject-matter expert in the structure and content of the EDW. The Analyst will also provide project management support including the development and documentation of project plans, timelines and progress reports.
The Analyst is expected to work with the broader data analytics community both at BW/F and MGB as well as external institutions. This may include meeting and working with clinical and administrative leaders from the BWPO, BWH IS, Mass General Physicians Organization (MGPO), and MGB Population Health Management. S/he is also expected to develop and maintain a collaborative working relationship with BWH Primary Care.
S/he proactively maintains the timeliness and thoroughness of project plans, specific to data needs; performs analysis, facilitates key meetings and workgroups, manages expectations of senior leaders, manages contingencies, and provides regular, proactive updates to stakeholders. Additionally, s/he will be a strong communicator, both verbally and written, to convey key data and data analytics to various levels, including within the teams, to peers and Sr. Leaders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the analysis of clinical and administrative data needed to support the efforts of the BWPO BCSI Team.
- With guidance from Sr. Project Managers, Managers and BWPO Administrative and Medical Directors, interprets and/or produces comprehensive data analytics and reports, specifically related to trend and quality, for senior leaders of the organization.
- Collaborates with MGB teams to develop and implement data warehouse and front-end reporting strategies within those database environments. Collaborates with BWPO and BW/F clinical and administrative quality leaders to generate specifications needed for ad hoc analyses and long-term trend and quality reports. Participates in meetings to review and discuss analytic methodologies, results, and improvement opportunities.
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize data presentation, statistical efficiency, and data quality.
- Investigates and proposes solutions for validating and integrating data from different sources including, but not limited to, the information systems at the hospital and department levels, billing data, and claims data.
- Establishes data quality and validation processes. Performs quality assurance and develops system documentation. Advises management on the consistency, reliability, and validity of data.
- Interfaces with vendors and representatives of clinical and administrative data repositories to ensure smooth operation of clinical data collection and reporting.
- Uses a variety of applications for data acquisition, data management, data validation and data presentation. These may include Business Objects and Tableau, among others.
- Working both with guidance and independently, chooses appropriate statistical methods for analyzing datasets. Performs analysis using MS SQL, MS Access, MS Excel, and other tools such as SAS as appropriate, and develops reports.
- Assists, mentors and influences data analysts and other colleagues throughout the BWPO BCSI Team, provides support and helps to problem-solve issues as needed.
- Leads the analysis, synthesis and documentation of quality and cost performance reports pushed to BWPO. Recommends analytic paths to investigate patterns identified in reports and communicates results to appropriate audiences. Project management responsibilities include the development and documentation of project plans, timelines, and progress reports; data collection, tracking, and analysis; dashboard creation and maintenance; staffing meetings and programs.
- Develop and maintain project plans and tracking documents to assist with the monitoring and oversight of the quality measures included in the Internal Performance Framework and external contracts.
- Produce and regularly distribute and present progress reports related to the quality work to team members and senior leadership.
- Facilitate discussions regarding metrics being considered for future IPF targets, as well as current IPF performance; investigate and synthesize entity concerns to be reported back to the appropriate MGB committee(s).
- Understands and maintains compliance with standards set by the hospital, the Joint Commission and other regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Assists BWPO BCSI Team and/or BWHC clinical/administrative leaders with preparation of manuscripts for presentation or publication.
- Manages other projects, at the discretion of the Director of Data, Analytics and Evaluation, Executive Director of Care Redesign & Population Health Management, and Medical Directors.
- Annually reflects on competencies included in the BWPO Competency Model (forthcoming) and engages with supervisor to create an action plan for those competencies that may require further development
- Contribute to study design as well as creation and implementation of analytical plans for specific research projects.
- Contribute to the preparation and presentation of research results in the form of oral presentations at meetings and conferences as well as in the form of original research publications.
- Awareness of project budget; expectation that s/he will monitor budget, report any variances, and collaborate with Manager for Clinical Performance Reporting, Analytics, and Evaluation.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in public health, business healthcare administration, statistics, or related field required. Master's degree in biostatistics or a related field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in healthcare field and/or data analysis, programming is required.
- Experience in facilitating and engaging clinical and administrative leaders in discussing and understanding data, data analytics, etc.
- Experience in statistical analysis of clinical, survey and medical claims data sets using data management, reporting and visualization tools such as MS SQL, SAS, MS Access, Python, R or Tableau is required.
- Knowledge of biostatistical methods, including survival analysis, scientific research design, database management, multivariable analysis, logistic regression analysis is strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to take initiative, embrace challenges and develop creative solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise in reporting and presenting data with focus on quality assurance and validation.
- Experience with project planning including the development of project plans and timelines.
- Able to develop effective relationships with individuals at all levels in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to confidentiality polices for sensitive clinical information.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and one-on-one with clinical and administrative leaders to address complex operational, strategic and theoretical issues in healthcare quality
- Requires attention to detail to accomplish critical tasks and understand the impact of results on all affected stakeholders.
- Requires the ability to juggle multiple assignments, manage time efficiently, and with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing working relationships in a matrix structure
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This job has expired.