Job ID: 229382
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across the Midwest, Texas and Western United States. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Performs procedures involved with loading trucks and unloading railroad cars. Assists in the maintenance of terminal equipment and grounds. Works under close supervision with standard practice procedures and guidelines. Refers all problems to supervisor for guidance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee will be required to follow all job instructions of his/her supervisor and to perform other work assignments related to plant operations that are not inconsistent with the current labor contract, past practices or safety policies.REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Performs standard maintenance and troubleshooting on Terminal equipment
- Assures proper cement types are loaded into bulk trucks.
- Uses credit approval lists, cement inventory reports, and approved shipping instructions to determine if a customer's request for cement can be loaded.
- Maintains shipping logs, prepares bills of lading, and calculates split-load tonnages based on a trucker's instructions.
- Operates pneumatic and mechanical equipment for truck loading from computer console using programmed screens, keyboard and mouse.
- Performs daily activities associated with handling inquiries and orders for customers and sales personnel as specified by Terminal Manager or Senior Terminal Operator.
- Assures proper cement types are unloaded from railcars into designated silos, without contamination of cement types, using pneumatic and hydraulic railcar unloading equipment.
- May operate programmable hydraulic railcar indexer, compressors, and/or a cement bagger.
- Operates power sweeper, forklift truck and front-end loader.
- Performs general cleanup duties around loading area.
- Performs other job-related duties as requested.
Strong background in Mechanics and Maintenance is required. Ability to operate the loading systems used in loading trucks and railcars. Ability to operate sweeper and general hand tools. Ability to read, write and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc. Must be able to calculate loads going into trucks by using general math calculations. Must be proficient at database input and have the ability to use a computer. Good communication skills required. Ability to courteously interface with customers on a regular basis is a must. Must be technically oriented in troubleshooting and repairing basic mechanical, pneumatic and minor electrical malfunctions.
Preference will be given to candidates with skill and experience in Stick welding and Mig welding.WORKING CONDITIONS
Work requires walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling, working in awkward positions, and handling materials weighing up to 100 pounds. Frequently exposed to cement dust, heat, cold and noise requiring compliance with specified safety guidelines and procedures. Exposure to high elevations of up to 90 feet in height. Exposed to all weather conditions. Normal operation of mobile equipment may result in jarring and vibratory exposure.EDUCATION
High school graduation or equivalent required. About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Spokane Job Segment:
Hydraulics, Electrical, Welding, Equipment Operator, Warehouse, Engineering, Manufacturing
This job has expired.