If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
This position is an associate level role and under the guidance of respective Sr. Fiduciary Services Officer in Webster Private Bank, provide superior client service and account management through a high touch relationship that encompasses administration and fiduciary oversight of wealth management for high net worth client.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide both pro-active and reactive service to clients by anticipating their needs, and responding to their inquiries on a timely basis. Communicate clearly and effectively and follow-up on outstanding items related to client requests and the overall administration of client accounts.
- Maintain on-going relationships with clients, beneficiaries, trustors and related professionals connected with client accounts.
- Administer a select group of accounts with the supervision of the Sr. Fiduciary Services Officer.
- Provide effective and timely support on projects and more complex accounts. Monitor all assigned accounts in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Conduct account research for tax preparation analysis, preparation of payment authorizations and income accruals, resolving remittance, income collection, tax payment and securities transfer issues.
- Facilitate internal service coordination to resolve issues and respond to client requests.
- Interpret and implement requirements of trust instruments in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepare summary reports and accountings for distribution and discretionary payouts, tax preparation analyses and resolution of account transaction issues.
- Initiate and authorize distribution of income and principal from accounts and control account cash requirements. Coordinate discretionary payments. Requests trades/transfers of funds to raise necessary cash.
- Participate in prospect and client meetings, promoting the services and capabilities of the Private Bank.
- Responsible for maintenance of data on various bank systems.
- Performs special projects as needed
- BS Required and knowledge of fiduciary services
- At least three years experience within a Trust or Wealth Management environment
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent relationship management, customer service and responsiveness to client needs
- High level of problem solving and ability to deal with sensitive issues and clients
- Ability to handle confidential matters judiciously
- Knowledge of the interpretation and application of trust documents
- Detailed oriented and accurate
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Microsoft Office with advanced Excel and Word skills
- Knowledge of trust accounting systems