Looking for a way to make an impact and help people?
Join PacificSource and help our members access quality, affordable care!
PacificSource is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Diversity and Inclusion: PacificSource values the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and fostering a workplace in which individual differences are appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths.
Case management is a collaborative process that assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the options and services required to meet the client's health and human service needs. It is characterized by advocacy, communication, and resource management and promotes quality and cost-effective interventions and outcomes.
Clinicians incorporate the essential functions of professional case management concepts to enhance patients' quality of life and maximize health plan benefits. These functions include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination and delivery of healthcare services
- Consideration of physical, psychological, and cultural factors
- Assessment of the patient's specific health plan benefits and additional medical, community, or financial resources available
- Clinician Care Managers facilitate the achievement of client wellness and autonomy through advocacy, assessment, planning, communication, education, resource management, and service facilitation.
- Collect and assess patient information pertinent to patient's history, condition, and functional abilities in order to develop a comprehensive, individualized care management plan that promotes appropriate utilization, and cost-effective care and services.
- Based on the needs and values of the client, and in collaboration with all service providers, the clinician links clients with appropriate providers and resources throughout the continuum of health and human services and care settings, while ensuring that the care provided is safe, effective, client-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable.
- Clinicians have direct communication among, the client, the payer, the primary care provider, and other service delivery professionals. The case manager is able to enhance these services by maintaining the client's privacy, confidentiality, health, and safety through advocacy and adherence to ethical, legal, accreditation, certification, and regulatory standards or guidelines.
- Interact with other PacificSource personnel to assure quality customer service is provided. Act as an internal resource by answering questions requiring medical or contract interpretation that are referred from other departments, as well as physicians and providers of medical services and supplies. Assist employers and agents with questions regarding healthcare resources and procedures for their employees and clients.
- Practice and model effective communication skills: both written and verbal.
- Utilize and promote use of evidence-based tools.
- Utilize lean methodologies for continuous improvement.
SUCCESS PROFILEWork Experience:
- Meet department and company performance and attendance expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Five years clinical experience, including case management. Insurance industry experience preferred. Education, Certificates, Licenses:
- Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker with unrestricted license required in current state of residence. OR
- Registered Nurse with current appropriate unrestricted state license based on line of business as listed below:
- Commercial and Medicare: Oregon, Idaho or Montana, and Washington
- Medicaid and DSNP: Oregon
Certified Case Manager Certification, or equivalent, strongly desired or willingness to obtain certification within 2 years of hire.Knowledge:
Knowledge of health insurance and state mandated benefits. Experience and expertise in case management practice including: advocacy, assessment, planning, communication, education, resource management and service facilitation. Ability to deal effectively with people who have various health issues and concerns. Knowledge and understanding of contractual benefits and options available outside contractual benefits. Knowledge of community services, providers, vendors and facilities available to assist members. Ability to use computerized systems for data recording and retrieval. Assures patient confidentiality, privacy, and health records security. Establishes and maintains relationships with community services and providers. Maintains current clinical knowledge base and certification. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.Competencies
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Contributing to Team Success
- Planning and Organizing
- Continuous Improvement
- Building Trust
- Work Standards
Work inside in a general office setting with ergonomically configured equipment. Travel is required approximately 5% of the time.Our Values
We live and breathe our values. In fact, our culture is driven by these seven core values which guide us in how we do business:
- We are committed to doing the right thing.
- We are one team working toward a common goal.
- We are each responsible for customer service.
- We practice open communication at all levels of the company to foster individual, team and company growth.
- We actively participate in efforts to improve our many communities-internally and externally.
- We actively work to advance social justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in our workplace, the healthcare system and community.
- We encourage creativity, innovation, and the pursuit of excellence.
Stoop and bend. Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while performing core job functions. Repetitive motions to include typing, sorting and filing. Light lifting and carrying of files and business materials. Ability to read and comprehend both written and spoken English. Communicate clearly and effectively.Disclaimer:
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position and is subject to change. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Employment remains AT-WILL at all times.
This job has expired.