The CDL Box Truck Driver, will collect various liquid and solid hazardous wastes from various customer sites. Will be required to load and unload trucks. They will have the ability to operate a variety of truck and equipment including vacuum trucks, box trucks, tractor trailer and any other equipment that fits their license. You will be required to complete all necessary paperwork and government documents. Speaking with the customers and verifying they are satisfied with our service. Keeping in close contact with your supervisor/dispatcher is required on a daily basis. You will generally work without direct supervision but will always be part of a team that works together to make sure all customers are serviced in a professional and timely manner. Understand that your driving hours will be subject to government regulation. Overtime and weekend work is common.
• Primary focus will be to assist plant operations on a shift schedule.
• Operate various types of trucks including Vacuum, Hydrovac, Box, Van trailer and Roll-off.
• Power washing and High Pressure Water blasting as required.
• Operate Pick-up truck, utility trailer, forklift, excavator, bobcat, etc.
• Maintain cleanliness of Tools and Equipment.
• Safely load, transport and unload a variety of hazardous and non-hazardous goods.
• Complete all required transport documents including pre & post trip inspections.
• Maintain compliance with all relevant legislation
• Ensure assigned routes are completed in a timely and safe manner.
• Perform driver check-ins at day's end to ensure complete and accurate run/paperwork completion.
• Valid Commerical Driver's License.
• Must be able to drive manual transmission.
• Shift work with overtime as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Strong work ethic.
• Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our