About the job
Industry and Technology Analyst for Global Capital Markets
Celent is a division of Oliver Wyman and one of the world's leading fintech research and advisory firms. We are a research 'force multiplier' for our clients and we exist to deliver actionable insight to our clients around technology's impact on their business. Our clients include the world's top financial institutions, market infrastructure providers, technology solution providers and market advisors spread over 30 countries.
We leverage our expertise and privileged conversations/advisory with innovators at leading financial institutions and service providers to collect data and create impactful business insight, finding signal in the noise. Our insight focuses on communicating how business models and workflows will be impacted by new technologies, how clients can identify tech-enabled business opportunities, and how to navigate the fintech landscape.
We do this through delivering a range of services, including a retained advice model that provides access to our analyst team, primary research, knowledge-base, and digital tool-set (VendorMatch); and high-impact advisory and strategy consulting, working with clients on specific opportunities within their business or across the industry. Our analysts possess capital markets technology experience, often coming from business-aligned technology roles such as support, business analyst, strategy, or innovation teams, coupled with excellent critical thinking and communications skills.
In joining Celent, you place yourself at the center of the fintech ecosystem across all of capital markets, sitting between financial institutions, solution providers and private capital. You thrive within a global team of like-minded analysts where collegiality and personal learning through experience are valued. Working with financial institutions from over 30 countries, you are a fintech scout, a trusted advisor, a skilled and curious researcher, and an expert communicator.
Research and Strategy Consulting: Support and conduct leading-edge research into adoption of new technologies across capital markets, and publish content on technology trends, solutions landscape and implications for capital markets entities. Primary responsibilities include:
Individual profile and Celent brand promotion
- Assisting senior analysts with research efforts, this can include identifying research contacts; organizing interviews; conducing and managing surveys; assisting with data collection, normalization, management, and analysis; and populating/maintaining databases/data gathering tools.
- Supporting consulting/advisory projects as well as business development efforts.
- Tracking and predicting technology trends and placing these in context of current financial industry market structure and regulatory trends, describing how emerging technologies can be deployed for strategic advantage within propositions and operating model.
- Benchmark spend and adoption on technology across capital markets segments and user types utilizing top-down and bottom-up analysis frameworks and collection of proprietary data through interview-based and survey-based data collection methods.
- Evaluating emerging and established capital markets technology solutions with a view to helping clients navigate the complex commercial technology landscape.
- Identifying nascent technologies and related players across wholesale and retail financial services with potential impacts on the capital markets industry.
- Help in delivering Celent capital markets team events (virtual and in person).
- Attend meetings with clients and team members (in person and virtually) to discuss proposed work, review published research and answer client's additional question.
- Work towards developing sector market expertise (SME) within an area of the capital markets landscape as agreed with the capital markets team.
- Work towards becoming a brand ambassador for Celent by developing a market profile within the capital markets industry in your area of sector market expertise.
- Travel as required (when safe to do so).
- Comply with OW expectations around integrity, quality of work and client confidentiality.
: Celent analysts are expected to develop a high profile and strengthen the company brand in their domain and region of expertise. This task includes:
- Regular discussion and interactions with members of capital markets industry press as well as mainstream media
- Present at capital markets industry forums, conferences especially the events focusing on technology
- Be available to the technology and capital markets community for discussions and questions.
Our idea candidate will have experience in a business-aligned technology role within the capital markets at a Financial Institution, Market Infrastructure or leading Solution/Service Provide or experience at a technology-focused research & advisory company/management consultant. The ideal candidate will possess financial market structure understanding coupled with either formal STEM-related academic qualifications or hands-on technology experience. Skills and experience
- Intellectual curiosity and the drive to continually learn and eventually master varied topics across the full capital markets ecosystem as well as master new areas of relevant technology relevant to this industry.
- A collocative approach to problem solving and ability to work in a global, culturally diverse environment.
- Proficiency/experience around data gathering and management.
- Ability to work independently and deliver to a deadline.
- Demonstrable outstanding English language communications skills both written and oral.
- Understanding of research methods, qualitative and quantitative.
- Highly proficient with reporting, survey and data management tools including but not limited to MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Qualtrics, Python, etc.
- Understanding of capital markets technology infrastructure use and design, especially in an enterprise context is a plus
- Understanding of the wholesale financial markets and capital markets global ecosystems is a plus
- Fluency in additional languages a plus.
- The role is intended to be itinerant.. Each Celent team member is attached to an office, this can be Boston or New York in the US or London in the UK. You must have a right to work in your chosen country
This job has expired.