ROLE: SENIOR ANALYST, NORTH AMERICA P&C INSURANCE
Celent is a division of Oliver Wyman and one of the world's leading international research and advisory firms. We exist to understand how emerging technologies are positioned to disrupt the financial services sector, influencing the creation of new propositions and business models. Our clients are an eclectic mix of the world's top financial institutions, technology solution providers and market advisors spread over 30 countries.
Our goal is to educate and inform our clients about the amazing benefits of this technology and how they can deploy them for advantage.
We do this through delivering a range of services, including a retained advice model that provides access to our team, primary research, knowledge-base, and digital tool-set (VendorMatch); and short high-impact strategy consulting, working with clients on specific opportunities within their business.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for an energetic and ambitious senior analyst to contribute towards and help shape the client agenda for the North American insurance sector within Celent, working within a team of like-minded analysts charged with creating content for and providing advice to executives within property and casualty insurers, commercial MGAs, their platforms and the surrounding ecosystem of market participants.
It is an active role that requires the candidate to contribute their own fresh ideas linked to areas of new demand, consisting of fresh primary research on emerging technologies / insurtech, engaging presentations, data collection and curation, client events and webinars, interviews, surveys, briefings against major research and client projects and short high-impact strategy consulting, working with clients on specific opportunities within their business.
Primary responsibilities include:
YOUR ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- Conduct your own leading-edge research into emerging technology use / insurtech, ensuring frequent and impactful content production and client service delivery; developing your skills as needed, and managing performance against individual goals.
- Provide impartial and confidential information, advice, and guidance to Celent clients through regular discussions and short high-impact strategy consulting projects focusing on specific opportunities within their business.
- Influence and contribute actively towards our client technology research agenda for the North American property and casualty insurance sector, engaging with clients and the team to gather requirements for fresh and innovative content that is in-demand and thought provoking.
- Work closely with business development and client service teams to identify further opportunities for growth and to achieve higher levels of existing client satisfaction.
- Become a brand ambassador for Celent, developing and promoting a leading market profile as a property and casualty insurance strategy influencer.
We are looking for someone focused on the potential business value of emerging technologies / insurtech within the property and casualty insurance sector, with a keen interest in how the market structure and technology solution landscape will evolve over the next few years. They will need to maintain an optimistic but grounded and pragmatic perspective on what's possible. It is likely that the candidate will already be (or have recently been) performing a strategy, architecture or change/project management role in an innovative technology area within an insurer or as an advisor to the insurance industry.
The candidate should be comfortable with building trusted relationships with clients from across the sector, at a variety of levels from an IT strategy and architect practitioner level through to C-level. This is primarily a business technology strategy role as opposed to business or market strategy.Academic background:
- Excellent academic credentials from a top university.
- MBAs or other advanced degrees (MS, PhD, etc.), in or with option in data or computer science is preferred.
Skill and expertise:
- 10+ years' experience in a top property and casualty insurance institution (insurer, reinsurer or broker) with responsibility for technology strategy, architecture or change delivery; or
- 10+ years' experience in a management consulting firm, or other research & advisory firm working within the sector
- Candidates with additional experience innovation or rapid application development teams are preferred.
- Intellectual curiosity and the drive to learn about and master new areas of technology
- Commercial experience, with a collaborative approach to problem solving, and the ability to work in a global, culturally diverse environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Growing public profile and reputation, with strong public speaking and facilitation skills
- Strong understanding of research methods, qualitative and quantitative
- Intellectual curiosity and the drive to learn about and master new areas
- A working knowledge of insurer systems, interfaces, data and the underlying infrastructure and the day to day operations of a property and casualty insurer provider.
- A keen interest in understanding emerging technologies and their relationship to insurtech.
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
This job has expired.
- The role is intended to be itinerant or working from home. Each Celent team member is attached to an office. Your base office location will be selected from Boston, New York, Dallas, San Francisco or Toronto.