If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Up to $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
Shift: (days, evening, nights, variable shifts, depends on availability)
Work Location: University of Miami Hospital
The University of Miami has an exciting opportunity for a Certified Nursing Assistant to work at the UTower.
- The Certified Nursing Assistant performs standard patient care activities under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- More specifically, the incumbent assists patients in dressing and undressing, bathing, and eating, and collects noninvasive body fluid specimens or gathers vital signs.
- Additionally, this employee aids physicians and nursing staff members with procedures and documents patient interactions.
- Provides for patients' personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves, and assisting with showers.
- Assists with meals and feeds patients, ambulates, turns, and positions patients, and provides fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Administers enemas, douches, non-sterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, therapeutic and sitz baths, and applies restraints.
- Performs sugar and acetone urine testing, specimen collection, and post-mortem care.
- Answers patients' call lights and requests promptly.
- Maintains a safe and attractive environment for patients and staff and transports patients and equipment.
- Reports patient conditions to the assigned nurse to ensure professional assessment.
- Measures and records food and liquid intake and output, and checks and records vital signs.
- Provides patient help with walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
High school diploma or equivalentCertification and Licensing:
Certified Nursing Assistant licenseExperience:
Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: