Improving the Health of our Community in All We Do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a non-profit community health system on a mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega - with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more than 15 locations.
If you are an energeticRegistered Nursewho enjoys being part of a collaborative and talented team then a rewarding career with Northeast Georgia Health System is where you want to be!
NGHS is currently seeking an experienced Charge Registered Nurse for our Neuro ICU unit in Gainesville.
Full-Time Day Shift (7a-7p)
Neuro Intensive Care Unit is a 6-bed unit with all private rooms. Patients receive physical, emotional, spiritual and psychosocial support for themselves and their families. Care is provided for patients including but not limited to:
We're looking for someone who
- Manage ischemic stroke including those patients undergoing thrombectomy
- Manage hemorrhagic stroke including intracranial hemorrhage and subarachnoid hemorrhage patients s/p coil embolization
- Manage cerebral edema and increased intracranial pressure
- Monitor abnormal electrical activity of the brain for patients with intractable seizure
- Manage patients with other neurological disorders such as Guillain-Barre' Syndrome, Myasthenia Gravis, and ALS
- Mange patients with hemodynamic instability and/or airway and respiratory compromise
- Admits mistakes and shortcomings
- Communicates Effectively
- Takes Initiative
- Promotes Teamwork
- Adapts to Change
The Charge Nurse, under the direct and indirect supervision of the Nurse Manager or administrative supervisor, facilitates and assists with all levels of Nursing care provided to patients within a Nursing unit or practice location. The Charge Nurse will assist Clinical Nurses with day to day problem solving and will facilitate communication between care team providers. He/She coordinates, elevates and resolves problems and conflicts as they occur. The Charge Nurse assumes shift accountability for patient flow, matching patient needs with available resources, and elevates patient safety concerns/situations as well as any other situation that is unable to be resolved during the shift. The Charge Nurse leadership role is critical to improving the quality of care provided on the individual Nursing unit/practice setting. In addition to these responsibilities, when needed the Charge Nurse may assume all or partial staff nurse responsibilities. The Charge Nurse is the first level of administration assigned to the unit in the absence of the Nurse Manager or Assistant Nurse Manager. The Charge Nurse participates in Peer Interviewing and Peer Evaluation. The Charge Nurse is included in worked hours per patient day (WHPPD) and is assigned by self to direct patient care assignment as unit need indicates. The Charge Nurse assists in the advancement of the professional practice environment by communicating the NGMC Nursing strategic direction and focusing on activities that support the Nursing strategic direction. Provides Nursing involvement support for VOICE and the NDNQI quality teams including supporting team members in their professional participation. Assists with overall clinical governance and other projects as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
More Awards and Accolades.
- Licensed to practice as an RN in Georgia. Required: National certification in either a clinical or leadership specialty within two years of hire.
- Required: A minimum of one year in a direct patient care role in an acute care environment and in the specialty.
- Required: An Associates degree in Nursing
- Preferred: A degree in Nursing (either BSN or MSN). BSN strongly encouraged within five years.
- Preferred: Three years of direct patient care experience in an acute care enviroment and within the specialty.
Ranked in the Top 10% in the nation by CareChex® for Stroke Care, Cancer Care, Pneumonia Care and Surgical Care, the System is the recipient of numerous accolades including:
- Georgia's #1 Surgery Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Heart Hospital by CareChex® - 12 years in a row
- Georgia's #1 Women's Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Pulmonary Hospital
- One of Metro Atlanta's Top Workplaces for the 7th year in a row
The Blue Ridge Mountains are less than a 30-minute drive and Lake Sidney Lanier is next door. Whatever setting suits your mood, you'll find it right here.
- 47 public parks
- 8 championship golf courses
- 34 tennis courts
- 10 marinas
Atlanta, with its abundance of sports including the Atlanta Braves, Hawks, Falcons, and Georgia Swarm, as well as entertainment attractions, is less than an hour to the south.NGHS is committed to and will provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
This job has expired.