A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
The Chief of Staff supports the President of EMD Serono, by providing both strategic and operational support to improve business performance and reinforcing and maintaining a highly engaging and collaborative culture with the broader EMD Serono colleagues. This role requires a high degree of empowerment and agility, as well as a willingness to play an active, behind-the-scenes role. As a trusted counsel for the President, the role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong in-direct leadership, self-motivation, and strong program leadership skills. You will take a lead role in driving high impact commercial projects within the business, giving you deep insight and access to the organizational strategy and operational execution. You will have the opportunity to focus on formulating and/or implementing strategies and operational planning and execution to realize current and potential future revenue streams and maximize value.
Areas of Focus:
- Commercial Strategic Initiatives
- Innovative Projects Leadership and Operations
- Continuous Improvement
- Driving Leadership behaviors and the principles of Thrive Culture
The Chief of Staff, President's Office will report to the President of EMD Serono, Inc.Key responsibilities in this role include:
Who you are: Minimum Qualifications:
- Be aware of and understand business priorities for EMD Serono and identify and take lead on partnering with the relevant NALT members to resolve gaps that may exist
- Support President of EMD Serono to prepare for key internal (e.g., townhall, HEC, Kick Start) and external (e.g., Congresses, customer) meetings and events by coordinating with critical NALT stakeholders and his/her EAs to ensure s/he has everything s/he needs. Support creating content as required.
- Operate as a trusted advisor to leadership, utilizing strategy and operational insights, executive level problem solving, and communication and leadership skills to drive organizational action
- Drive priority initiatives and activities on behalf of the President's Office for the NALT and/or EMD Serono, as needed
- Manage and coordinate timely input from the EMD Serono team into critical internal, global, and local processes, partnering effectively with NALT to ensure deliverables are high quality and timely
- Manage and help to prioritize the myriad ad hoc requests for the US organization and NALT time and attention, streamlining and clarifying as needed to maximize efficiency
- Ensure leadership team meetings are effective and achieve the desired strategic alignment/decisions and operational outcomes. Specifically this includes, aligning the agenda prior to the meeting, ensuring asks of teams are clear, ensuring meetings provide insight on all critical topics for coming month (or that they are covered by separate meetings), facilitation of the meeting to keep things on time, and capture and distribution of critical actions
- Support the President to drive the THRIVE leadership behaviors and principles of Simplicity, Accountability and Execution and embed across the broader organization
- Build strong internal and external partnerships to develop innovative and agile approaches to managing business operations
- Implement strategies and/or projects to drive end-to-end value creation
- Identify risks and opportunities that could impact the successful execution of strategic and/or business objectives; Elevate risks and issues and frame/position ideas to resolve the issues, mitigate the risks
- Develop and manage a process for measuring and reporting progress on high-priority initiatives and programs
- Bachelor's degree in Business or science related fields required
- Strong project management, leadership, and facilitation skills, including experience with managing cross-function matrix teams, and building consensus across all levels of the organization in a highly matrixed, complicated environment
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry with experience in both operational and strategic roles
- Demonstrates strong communication skills (written and spoken) and an ability to translate information into succinct and high impact messages
- A proven track record of influencing without authority, including prioritization, and building of high trust relationships with critical stakeholders
- Intermediate to advanced level of skill in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Meets challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive. Motivated by results, urgency, and personal commitment
- Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic. Fosters mutual trust and respect
- Solid understanding of change management and its practical implementation
- Optimally, willing to travel up to 30% for key meetings and congresses
What we offer:
- MBA or advanced degree ideal
- Experience at a top-tier consulting firm preferred, ideally in life science or healthcare strategy preferred
- Sharp business acumen, analytic and communication skills; experience with financial statements a plus
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information athttps://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 222148
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time