About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial is looking for a Civil foreman to work out of our Raleigh, NC office long term. No per diem is offered -locals only.
- Direct the activities of assigned Concrete Masons, helpers, and apprentices.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders as needed for area of supervision.
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
- Establish and adjusts work sequences to meet construction schedule, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel.
- Direct sub grade work, mixing of concrete, and setting of forms.
- Study schedules and estimate worker-hour requirements for completion of job.
- Analyze and resolve work problems.
- Maintain time records.
- Follow set procedures and standards.
- Calculate amounts of concrete required for each job.
- Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
- Perform frequent safety inspections of work area, equipment, tools, and employees in accordance with SIC policy to ensure compliance with government regulations, customer requirements, and SIC's safety program.
- Appropriate journeyman experience required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Significant travel required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Conditions may include working in shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, including rooftops and other elevated positions as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel lifts, and working in awkward body positions.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.