If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
UHealth IT has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Clinical Systems Analyst 2. The Clinical Systems Analyst 2 works to ensure the clinical computer information systems in the UHealth system are working efficiently and effectively. The analyst provides further experience and knowledge to ensure all aspects of applications and systems development, build and implementation. The analyst may lead software upgrades and testing, analyze, define, and apply technical knowledge to solve complex problems regarding clinical application systems. The Clinical Systems Analyst 2 works closely with team members, staff, and other personnel to further their understanding of objectives and requirements for the assigned clinical system. The analyst may be responsible for understanding change impacts, formulating strategies with key stakeholders, and addressing problems and challenges within the clinical information systems which may include software problems, hardware issues or network difficulties.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Provides support for designated clinical application systems. Augments and facilitates the design, development, implementation of enhancements to existing business systems. Facilitates database conversions and performs system analysis.
- Creates end user documentation to include training materials and report writing/creation within the systems managed.
- Participates in operational workflow validation including requirements, specifications, and gaining end user acceptance.
- Responsible for leading software upgrades and testing from an application perspective to include test plan creation and validation.
- Coordinates software updates and changes, reviews and tests each new release, and reports application system testing results.
- Performs periodic checks to ensure that data is entered and retrieved correctly and that all regulations regarding confidentiality and security are being followed.
- Understands change impacts and resistance and formulate strategies with key stakeholders to address impacts and build commitment.
- Provides support for designated application systems. Augments and facilitates the design, development, implementation of enhancements to existing business systems.
- Facilitates database conversions and performs system analysis.
- Trains customers on applications/reports/solutions as required.
- Manages Service Level Agreements (SLA) breaches by meeting with customers.
- Maintain appropriate and professional communication with business owners and end users.
- Assists user management in setting priorities within that functional areas
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, Excel (pivot tables), Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Word.
- Knowledge of state-of-the art technology.
- Experience with major systems development and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management and control.
- Ability to communicate ideas and provide solutions.
- Ability to effectively work with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: