The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Iowa is seeking a Clinical Trials Research Assistant to join an amazing team and support in the performance of clinical research. This position will manage subject recruitment and enrollment, administer study protocols, assist in the processing and management of data obtained, maintain compliance with regulatory guidelines and documents, gather information for the preparation of inclusion in reports, and will relay information to the principle investigator.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate satisfactory knowledge of research techniques and procedures relating to the performance of medical/psychiatric research.
- Recruit potential study participants via known registries, applicable clinics, and travel to conferences and collaborative sites; respond to inquiries about assigned projects and present at informational sessions and panel discussions. Track and follow up with prospective study participants within project guidelines.
- Screen potential study participants based upon project criteria and gauge both parent and child understanding of study expectations.
- Manage the scheduling of testing and appointments, including arrangement of travel, on-site room and equipment reservations, coordination of the test day agenda, and confirmation of arrangements with scheduled study participants.
- Explain project procedures to participants, obtain informed consent and other required regulatory documents, and monitor participant experience for reportable events.
- Prepare and administer tests of cognition and behavior with minor children; assist parents in completion of project forms and questionnaires.
- Score and record data collected; assist in managing data entry, data audit, and maintenance of computerized databases.
- Maintain contact information of project participants in a secure database and proactively manage scheduling of follow up study visits to comply with project longitudinal goals.
- If necessary, perform library research on specified topics and prepare bibliographies and abstracts according to instructions. Assist in the preparation of material for reports to be written by faculty and staff on research projects. Prepare information upon request for reporting to funding source(s).
PERCENT: 100%, full-time
POSITION TYPE: Specified Term, minimum of 12 months with the possibility of extensionRequired Qualifications
Bachelor's degree supplemented by one or more years of progressively responsible experience in administration of cognitive assessment measures, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
6 months experience coordinating social science research.Highly Desirable Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in a science or health science field
Expertise in Huntington's Disease and experience with the HD community
Experience in administering cognitive and behavioral tests with childrenDesirable Qualifications
Knowledge of neuroanatomy
One or more years of progressively responsible experience in the conduct of social science researchApplication Process
In order to be considered, applicants must upload a Cover Letter and Resume (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. Professional references will be required at a later time in the recruitment process. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Classification Title: Clin Trials Rsrch Asst/Data Mg
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Lori Posey
- Contact Email: email@example.com