Schedule: Monday through Friday, including holidays.
Hours: Monday through Thursday 6:00 am until 2:00 pm, Friday 3:30 am until 11:30 am.
Work schedule is subject to change based upon production needs.
Mask policy will be in accordance with any local, state or federal requirements but will be provided to any Team Member wishing to wear a mask.
Priority consideration will be provided to internal applicants first. Applicants with previous agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred.
Applicants must reside in the United States to be considered for an interview.
Starting Wage: $16.00
Plus, additional shift differential for evenings, nights and weekends.
Competitive benefits, including:
*Health, Dental and Vision Insurance at Day 1 of hire
*Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
*Short and Long Term Disability
*Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
*Stock Purchase Plan
*Tuition-free programs at high-quality schools, including college degrees, certificates,
high school completion, English language learning courses, and more.
*New hire Referral Incentives and Sign-On Bons
* Over time eligibility
* Earned time off
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for catching, identification, and movement of birds during flock housing, pullet and spent hen removal, toe/beak trimming, and flock vaccinations. Other duties may be assigned.
Biosecurity/Animal Welfare Requirements:
- Catch pullets and load into trailer for transport to live haul bay for catching and placing into modules (20%)
- Rotate tasks of catching birds to hold for vaccination and performing vaccination on birds (10%)
- Rotate tasks of housing: Catch birds and scan wingband for identification and place in pen to be badged (use animal tag pliers to attach badge to wingweb), pen not badged, or trailer as instructed; catch birds in trailer and place in house, catch and rescan birds for identification and place in pen or cage as instructed. Continue process until all birds are housed. (20%)
- Use wire cutters to remove wing and leg bands and badges from hens prior to live haul, catch spent hens and load into trailer for transport to live haul bay for catching and placing into modules, catch birds and operate trimmer by stepping on pedal to trim toenails and/or beaks, catch and properly euthanize pedigree birds and transport to incinerator and load incinerator for disposal (10%)
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Such as: Use scalpel to obtain fat samples from euthanized bird for pesticide residue testing and spread shavings on trailer floor, maintain equipment by checking fluid levels, filters, tire pressure, and clean/disinfect to remove debris, may also perform other farm crew duties such as operate dump truck and auger for litter removal, remove litter, replace new shavings, sanitation in any area, operate high pressure washer to remove debris from houses, operate low pressure washer to apply disinfectant to shavings, dispose of mortality and trash, and perform steps to control vegetation in the absence of other crew members. (40%)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The jobsite is a biosecure environment which requires showering, changing clothing and footwear before entering the facility. Appropriate clothing and footwear are provided by the Company. No jewelry may be worn on the jobsite except for medical ID jewelry and body piercings covered by appropriate clothing. Must be willing to sign an agreement to avoid any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). Must be willing to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
- Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly bend/stoop to catch and carry birds weighing up to 18 pounds per hand and lift/carry catch frames and shavings weighing up to 12 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand on a concrete floor; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Tools and Equipment: Requires use of hand tools such as brooms, shovels, wire cutters, vaccination gun, stick needle, eye drop bottle, animal tag pliers, safety knife; power tools such as drill; and truck/trailer. Equipment such as tractor, forklift, bobcat, high and low pressure washers, lawn mower, weedeater and augers.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and also in hot, dry, dusty, wet and cold environments.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: Rubber/nitrile gloves, safety goggles and/or glasses, plastic apron, dust mask and arm guards (if desired), hearing protection while operating forklift or mowing/weedeating, follow manufacturer recommendations for herbicides.
- Chemicals Commonly Used: Disinfectants, vaccines, and vehicle fluids.
- Safety: Team member is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, LOTO and Personal Protective Equipment. Team member is expected to identify, address and mitigate safety related risks.
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.