Strong mechanical aptitude? Interested in working with high-speed equipment? We'll teach you how to operate, troubleshoot & dial-in our Littell steel coil manufacturing equipment.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Set-up, operate, and maintain high-speed, Littell steel coil manufacturing equipment. Perform tasks and provide services to support the plant's safety, quality, and production goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots coil machinery and tooling. Ensures that parts and tooling are in accordance with instructions, prints, and work orders.
- Interprets drawings, calculates and determines indices, tapers, and other dimensions to be used for part(s), working raw materials into finished dimensions with exact tolerances per print.
- Selects, grinds, and adjusts tools, ensuring correct speeds and feed rates of tooling for efficient machining. Ensures that parts and tooling are in accordance to precision requirements for both tolerance and finish.
- Sets up and operates Littell coil or KBA coating machines and associated tooling.
- Performs dismantling, fitting, or assembly work required for preventative maintenance of production equipment.
- Performs organizational duties, including maintaining an organized and clean work area, complying with 5S guidelines.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies, and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
- Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts. Participates in teams and work groups with goal of continuous improvement.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually a 3-2-2 continuous schedule (12-hour shifts), working hours may vary as specified by management. May be needed to work overtime on a regular basis.
At Ball Metalpack, we offer a comprehensive, total rewards package including Competitive pay and Benefits package options:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation and holidays to recreate, rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Ball Metalpack is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Broad training in a related manufacturing field usually acquired through technical school education or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years or more of job related experience working in a production environment on high-speed equipment.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: standard machine shop practices, metalworking, heat treatment, and various machinery.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the operation of grinders, lathes, presses, precision measuring tools, blueprint reading, and other machine shop equipment, and working to print tolerances.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely in a production environment complying with all safety and Personal Protection Equipment rules and guidelines.
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
This job has expired.