Job Title: Commercial HVAC Service Coordinator
Location: Clemmons, NC
Reports to: Corporate Controller
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: June 2022
Bahnson Mechanical Systems has utilized its extensive mechanical engineering and construction experience to solve our client's most challenging problems for over 105 years. Based in the southeast, we are a premiere design-build mechanical contractor that serves the industrial, life sciences, advanced manufacturing, and mission critical markets.
The Commercial HVAC Service Coordinator is a key role for the company and the Service Team. The Commercial HVAC Service Coordinator, with help from the Service Manager, supports the scheduling of Service Technicians by ensuring projects are appropriately staffed. In addition, the Service Coordinator assists in many of the critical administrative functions of the Service Department including managing contracts, purchase orders and invoices. The ideal candidate will have great computer, communication, and time management skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties will likely be assigned.
- Responsible for receiving, creating, and dispatching service calls
- Schedule service calls and coordinate with Service Manager
- Set-up time and materials calls, quoted work and special projects while maintaining company policies
- Request and accurately enter customer intake information including service site details so that Technicians report to the appropriate jobsite once assigned work
- Review costs and invoice work orders for accuracy and request customer purchase orders as required
- Support lifecycle management of HVAC maintenance contracts
- Plan and schedule all PM Contract Accounts with customers
- Work with Sales Department and Service Manager to maintain and schedule labor for special projects for maximum utilization of Service Technicians
- Issue purchase orders to Service Technicians and Sales Department for third party vendors
- Maintain recordkeeping of p-card purchases for Service Department
- Maintain training schedules and meetings for Service Technicians
- Research open calls and schedule to complete work
- Report costs to Service Manager and sales staff
- Support the Service Manager and Service Technicians by assisting with other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma is required - additional college such as an Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree is valuable.
- 3 years of experience of administrative experience is needed - previous administrative duties in a busy construction office is ideal
- Familiarity with the construction industry is desired
- Excellent time management, organization, and communication skills are needed
- Proficient in computer skills, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
The requirements listed below are representative of the characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, professionalism, and commitment to company values.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, strategic, technical, analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must embrace the company's safety culture.
- Must have high standards of quality with attention to detail.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees, management, suppliers, and customers.
- Candidates must be a self-starter and able to work independently, prioritize and multitask; must be able to skillfully manage and adhere to multiple, simultaneous deadlines.
- Support a team environment with a positive, can-do attitude.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customers, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to commute to field locations. The employee must have the ability to navigate around job site locations.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee should expect to sit for long periods in front of a computer and also travel to field locations as needed.
While visiting field locations, the employee may be required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.Notice to prospective employees:
There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet