8115 - Corp Office Canal Crossing - 101 S 15st, Richmond, Virginia, 23219
CarMax, the way your career should be!
About this job
The Communications Consultant provides strategic consultation to assigned business partners and supports the Manager, Communications on all aspects of business area communications: project communication plans, email communications, intranet articles, intranet page design, video scripts and production, communication metrics, leader talking points, and other supporting communication materials. This role is responsible for researching, writing, editing, prioritizing, securing approvals, and sending communications directed to associates. This role also provides administrative support for Internal Communications initiatives, especially related to the intake of business requests and email distribution list management.
What you will do - Essential Responsibilities
Purpose of the role
- Serve as client services manager for assigned business area operational communications.
- Consult with key clients and subject matter experts to develop, manage, and implement strategic communications for key initiatives in various business areas.
- Support additional critical business projects by writing and reviewing a variety of communication materials (print, talking points, online, video and social).
- Support the Manager, Communications (Business Area Communications) in day-to-day management of the CarMax Communications mailbox, the email distribution tool for distribution list management, and the communication request system.
- Leverage metrics, technology, and industry best practices to increase communication effectiveness.
- Provide administrative support for ad hoc business projects and Internal Communications initiatives as needed.
This role is critical to supporting the communication needs for the major business areas of CarMax. The ideal candidate has experience with writing/creating multimedia communication products, including video production and content management/strategy for company intranets. Additionally, the ideal candidate is highly organized and proficient with technology tools to provide administrative project and system support.Qualifications and RequirementsEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 2+ years' experience in writing internal/corporate communications, preferably in consumer/retail-related environment
- Communication planning for large organizations preferred
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, and ability to adapt a message for all mediums and audiences
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with different levels of associates
- Ability to make technical information accessible
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.