Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, a subsidiary of Massachusetts General Hospital, is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
We're seeking a creative, dedicated, and versatiile Coordinator of Communications, Public Relations and Social Media Specialist to join a department of multi-talented professionals. Reporting to the Director of Communications and Community Relations, this position will fulfill a wide variety of communications, media relations, and social media needs.
You must be a content creator, and storyteller, who can write everything from traditional print articles to internal memos. Other writing responsibilities will include website content, press releases, and social media posts. You will assist with various marketing intitiatives, as well as the ability to digest complicated information and synthesize it into easily understandable communication is a must. You will also work closely with executives, doctors, and other senior leaders, so excellent interpersonal communications skills are required.
1. Fulfills a wide variety of internal and external communications, media relations, and social media needs.
2. Coordinates the day-to-day aspects of content development for Wentworth-Douglass Hospital's digital and print environments.
3. Partners with stakeholders from hospital leadership and service line leaders to define and execute strategies to advance the online and digital experience for Wentworth-Douglass Hospital to increase the reach, effectiveness and relevance of digital communications.
4. Authors a wide variety of materials including memos, press releases, articles, and digital content.
5. Facilitates media requests from concept to execution.
6. Works with executives, doctors, and other senior leaders to create and update website content, letters, presentations, and paper materials.
7. Assists with various marketing initiatives.
8. Arranges photography sessions and secures necessary patient and staff release forms.
9. Creates Content, Manages, and updates social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and others.
10. Works well independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
11. Assists in the response to crisis communications scenarios.
12. Works alongside a fellow communications specialist, with whom they collaborate with frequently.
13. Works collaboratively to develop collateral needs that meet the department's goals.
14. Assists with CRM use, production and deployment tactics.
15. Supervises department interns.
16. Other duties as assigned
Experience Minimum Required
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in either Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field.
• An outstanding writer, who can provide examples of their high-quality work.
• Fluency in all major social media platforms.
• Understanding of AP Style guidelines.
• Strong relationships with industry media outlets.
• Prior experience in the health care field, hospital experience preferred. Prior Marketing, Graphic Design, and/or Media Relations experience.
• Familiarity with Adobe InDesign.
• Familiarity with CRM software (especially Welltok).
• Familiarity with Social Media Management Solutions (especially Sprout Social).
• Familiarity with Email marketing software (including Constant Contact and Mail Chimp).
Education Minimum Required
• A Bachelor's degree in Communication, or a related field.
• Education Preferred/Desired
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Microsoft Office suite, social media and website content management expertise
• Must be able to work in a fast paced and busy office environment.
Special Skills Preferred/Desired
• Ability to develop content consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.•
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted about 5 hours ago