Position Title: Community Sponsorship Supervisor
Reports To: Associate Director of Welcome
Team: Immigration and Refugee Program
Location: Lancaster, PA
Church World Service does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Welcome, the Community Sponsorship Supervisor leads the CWS-LN Community Sponsorship program, overseeing the development and implementation of CWS community sponsorship activities, including welcome teams and cosponsors, with a goal of 100% community engagement for all new neighbors. The position is responsible for community outreach, team development, training support, and coaching of sponsors that are matched with resettled refugees. In addition, the position provides supervision to special initiatives requiring a high level of community outreach and sponsor coordination, such as the PC GAPS case management program for Ukrainian Humanitarian Parolees – among others. The Community Sponsorship Supervisor guides program growth, oversees required reporting and tracking, and provides guidance on case management and community support assistance. This is a very hands-on employment opportunity and may require use of reliable transportation. Additionally, the position requires someone who is able to balance competing priorities, work independently and communicate effectively.
• In collaboration with CWS-LN Development team, creates an outreach plan for identifying new communities and engagement opportunities.
• Conducts presentations and other speaking engagements targeting faith-based organizations, higher education institutions, community-based organizations, and client communities to train them on CWS services/clients’ needs and heighten CWS visibility in Lancaster.
• Guides the recruitment, screening, background checking, and training of a pipeline of co-sponsors/Welcome Teams to assist in meeting the needs of newly arriving clients in compliance with organizational standards and federal guidelines.
• Works closely with the Refugee Welcome Collective on appropriate technical assistance and training needs for the community sponsorship (CS) specialists.
• Oversees the liaising between Welcome Teams/co-sponsors, CS specialists, case managers and refugee clients throughout the resettlement period. Guides and oversees the development of detailed service plans with refugee participants and cosponsor groups outlining SMART goals and activities.
• Secures financial support for refugee participants from cosponsor groups and community donors, including rent support, utility payments, vocational training assistance and childcare support.
• Addresses Cosponsor and Welcome Team concerns as necessary, providing diplomacy and serving as a communication liaison when programmatic questions arise or teams require additional guidance around client self-sufficiency.
• Ensures that co-sponsor groups provide accurate case notes and documentation regarding the services and in-kind support they provide to clients.
• Provides training to CWS-LN CS Specialists and case managers on strategies and best practices for working effectively with co-sponsor groups.
• Develops and implements monitoring and evaluation practices for CWS community engagement initiatives; Solicits feedback from case managers, community sponsors and clients to continually improve community sponsorship program.
• Represents CWS in co-sponsorship forums and local events, relaying tailored information to each audience and staying informed of cross-program needs and updates at the CWS local and global level.
• Leads and oversees special initiatives requiring a high level of community outreach and sponsor coordination, such as PC GAPS and case management support to asylum seekers.
• With guidance from the Associate Director of Welcome, develops and implements the PC GAPS UHP case management program, and participates in its staff recruitment.
• Leads outreach efforts to the Ukrainian community of Lancaster and adjacent Counties and builds referral pipeline.
• Trains case managers in the PC GAPS program. Assigns cases and distributes workloads; oversees provision of services and ensures their timely delivery and documentation.
• Develops system for tracking activities, trains staff on mechanisms to report program activities, and provides necessary feedback to foster improvement efforts. Conducts case file reviews as applicable.
• Completes all reporting requirements in a timely manner as required by program funders
• Researches and assists in grant writing efforts to help grow program activities and services. Collaborate with the Associate Director for Welcome to explore new funding resources and secure new opportunities to strengthen the program.
• Leads and oversees the work of CS Specialists, case managers and interns; addresses staff challenges and conflicts. Assist in hiring of new staff as applicable.
• Manages staff workloads and delegates responsibilities.
• Leads the Community Sponsorship team in conducting all duties in a culturally/linguistically/gender-sensitive manner and in respect of DEI norms of conduct as established by CWS.
• Provides area staff with ongoing coaching, mentoring, training, feedback and guidance to improve performance, and completes annual performance evaluations.
• Communicates regularly with the Associate Director of Welcome on matters pertaining to the Community Sponsorship program.
• Effectively uses technology to maximize efficiency and quality of work during intake, needs assessments, and data entry.
• Advocates for equal access to services for refugees and immigrants.
• Keeps informed about refugee and immigrant issues and available services to clients, using current information to better identify and serve refugee and immigrant clients.
• Attends meetings with supervisor and other agency staff.
• Undertakes other duties as assigned.
Education: Required - Minimum education Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years’ experience in refugee services or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience/Background: The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the field of direct services working with immigrant and refugee communities. They will have a demonstrated commitment to excellence with a track record that includes close attention to detail, strong project coordination and problem-solving skills, strong communication skills including in-person networking, and writing skills and a high degree of cultural competency. At least 2 years of personnel management experience is required. Must have valid driver’s license and suitable vehicle for transporting clients. (Compensation is paid by CWS for mileage when using personal vehicle.) Must be comfortable with public speaking and representing the Immigration and Refugee Program in meetings and facilitating trainings.
• Fluency in English required; proficiency in a primary refugee language preferred
• Must be able to travel frequently and independently throughout relevant region. Valid US drivers’ license and clean driving record are required.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
• CWS’ U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new staff to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as soon as reasonable, no longer than 60 days of employment. Any employee who is pregnant, who is nursing, who has a disability, or who has a medical condition that prevents them from safe vaccination, or who rejects vaccination because of sincerely held religious beliefs, may contact the CWS Benefits Administrator to request reasonable accommodation as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Applying Instructions: Visit cwsglobal.org and click on the Employment link to find this position application. Inclusion of a cover letter and a current resume are required.
CWS offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
• 403 (b) Retirement Plan
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Life Insurance and AD&D
• Long Term and Short Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Health Savings Account
• Flexible Spending Accounts
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania
Posted about 1 hour ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!